Autonomous technologies for cargo ships
Electro Technical Officer (ETO) - US
We are a San Francisco and Paris based team retrofitting existing cargo ships with manned autonomous technologies. We are working to prevent the disasters caused by cargo ship accidents, reduce the emissions of the 52,000 cargo ships that pollute more than all the cars in the world, and improving the efficiency of the global economy.
We have raised a 4 million dollar seed round, and started working with CMA CGM, the 3rd biggest container shipping line in the world. We are now developing our technology to several massive cargo ships all around the world. We are looking for experienced mariners to join the team and help us bring the industry to the next level.
We are looking for an Electro Technical Officer to join the team. The ETO mission is to install and maintain our systems while cargo ships are in port.
- Write installation proposal based on equipment and deck documentation
- Wire, Integrate and maintain our on-board systems on the deck of cargo ships all around the world
- Troubleshoot the on-board systems and technical issues related to deployed hardware
- Write installation documentation and train other technicians
Experience & Skills
- 2+ years as an Electro-Technical Officer (ETO)
- Authorization to work in the US
- Thorough understanding of all navigation systems onboard of a ship: ECDIS, AIS, Radar etc.
- Ability to work successfully within a team of engineers to implement and test installations and equipment
- Willingness to travel all around the world to go on board of ships while they are in port
Nice to Have
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as an ETO
- Active Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
A few company highlights:
Top 7 YC W18 startup from Demo Day 1
$4M seed round
Our partnership with NVIDA
Our partnership with CMA CGM
Shone's winning shipping insight reward
Shone's co-founders in Forbes 30 under 30
Shone at a glance
Shone focuses on Manufacturing, Robotics, Transportation, and Maritime Entrepreneurship. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Paris. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Shone has raised $4.22M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.
You can view their website at http://www.shone.com