Autonomous technologies for cargo ships
Senior Computer Vision Engineer$90k – $160k • 0.1% – 2.0%
We are a San Francisco and Paris based team retrofitting existing cargo ships with autonomous technologies. We are working to prevent the disasters caused by cargo ship accidents, reduce the emissions of the 52,000 cargo ships that pollute more than all the cars in the world, and improving the efficiency of the global economy.
In March we raised a 4 million dollar seed round, and started working with CMA CGM, the 3rd biggest container shipping line in the world. We are now deploying our technology to several massive cargo ships all around the world. Our engineering team is made up of experienced and highly talented people.
We are looking for an experienced Senior computer vision engineer to join the team. The computer vision engineer mission is to lead the development of the computer vision stack, from sourcing the hardware to creating a reliable 3D representation of the environment surrounding cargo ship in any weather condition.
- Camera calibration
- Build a 3D model of the environment
- Semantic segmentation
- Distance estimation
- Object detection, classification and tracking
Experience & Skills
- Experience with SLAM
- Extensive understanding of 3D geometry theory
- Extensive programming experience in C++ or Python
- Experience with OpenCV
- Strong background in object oriented architecture, prioritizing testability, and reusability
Nice to have
- Experience with deep learning algorithms
- Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded system, or self-driving technologies
- Experience sailing and willingness to explore the world on a cargo ship :)
A few company highlights:
Top 7 YC W18 startup from demo day 1
$4M seed round
Our partnership with NVIDA
Our partnership with CMA CGM
Shone's winning shipping insight reward
Shone's co-founders in Forbes 30 under 30
Meet your team
Shone at a glance
Shone focuses on Manufacturing, Robotics, Transportation, and Maritime Entrepreneurship. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Paris. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Shone has raised $4.22M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.
You can view their website at http://www.shone.com