End to End Import Export Logistics Simplified | Making Global Trade Hassle Free
Product Engineer (Python+React)₹6L – ₹9L
The world of global shipping is replete with documents, emails and other unstructured data. And processing these documents requires a certain degree of domain expertise and is a highly repetitive, manual data-entry driven task. Further, errors in documents not only invite high amendment costs but in all likeliness can lead to shipper's cargo being held back in customs or ports. At Shipmnts, we're building an AI-driven documentation platform that can process all the paperwork involved in import and export processes right from reviewing shipper's documents to generating export documents and full import customs clearance with better-than-human-level accuracy, processing times and scalability. While deep learning networks help us structure the incoming information, our platform architecture will enable thirty party developers to build extensions - that’ll help us build a community of like-minded people focussed on bringing touch-free processing and understanding of documents to the world.
Our architecture employs a lot of micro-services communicating with each other to process the incoming documents in a lightning-fast way. Our services wrap the core ML models with enough abstraction to drive prediction and feedback loops.
Python ( Django)
React ( + Mobx)
And lots more… All deployed over an auto-scaling kubernetes cluster
What you will be responsible for:
- Creating services which can serve ML models
- Orchestrating complex workflows which work with speed, scale and with proper failure handling
- Delivering AI driven user-experience. Making sure every second spent by the user on the system will be intuitive and hassle-free - it’s the difference between using Google Assistant and Siri (just to clarify Google Assistant is better…)
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle - architecture, design and development, data storage solutions, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery, and maintenance
You should have:
- Good knowledge of python. ( knowledge of django is a bonus)
- Good knowledge of react.
- Worked on deploying multiple services and deep knowledge of inter-service communication
- Working knowledge of container deployments. (Swarm, Kubernetes, Cattle, etc)
- Worked with web pack to ensure the speed of UI. ( Code-splitting, service workers, etc)
- Proficiency with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB,
- Cloud Datastore or similar
- Knowledge and experience with ElasticSearch
- Knowledge about Event Driven System
The Basics we expect out of everyone:
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, reliable, and efficient code; Design robust, scalable, secure features
- Oversee the implementation of engineering best practices.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Calm under pressure, have a great work ethic and communicate well
- Self-aware and always pushing for a higher standard. Always proactive, open to new ideas and personal feedback
- Anti-fragile: with every failure, you should become stronger and better.
- Detail oriented and absolutely intolerant to compromise or sub-optimal shortcuts
- Problem solver with a global mindset
About our team:
- Extremely motivated, skilled and concentrated group of people who almost look like misfits but have joined hands to bring something amazing to life.
- Every one of us has a unique way of looking at our team and the product.
- Ownership over everything else.
- We trust each other to run independently. We don’t micromanage and we do not wish to do that any time soon
- We don’t have a dedicated set of holidays. It is your day off if you wish for it. Just make sure no one is blocked on you.