Marketplace for shift based work
Senior Software Engineer$125k – $175k
At Shiftsmart, we’re shaping the future of work by empowering part-time low-income workers to find more work and control their schedules. Over the past 3 years, we’ve helped tens of thousands of workers increase their collective earnings by millions of dollars!
We’ve assembled a team of highly accomplished executives, operators and engineers, who have exited multiple companies and built products and business lines within Google, Facebook, and Goldman Sachs. We’re committed to making real-world impact and getting “shift” done.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with product managers and other engineers to build and own products across a modern tech stack. We currently use React/React Native, Node, MongoDB, & use GCP to host our infrastructure.
- Leading end to end execution of complex projects, including new features, refactors, redesigns, integrations with external services, etc.
- Making contributions to our engineering practices, identifying and advocating for improvements to improve our team output.
- Conduct technical design & code reviews, and help improve resiliency & maintainability of our code base.
What skills and experience do you need?
- You have 5+ years of professional experience building & maintaining large scale web applications
- You have experience building robust end to end products/features (Data modeling, API design, testing suites, production monitoring/observability)
- You’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process and in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work.
- You have experience taking the lead in planning and executing the development roadmap for software projects
- React / React Native
- Google Cloud Platform
Perks & Benefits
- By joining Shiftsmart, you’ll have a unique opportunity to join a world-class team of entrepreneurs, engineers, and operators in a fast paced environment. Shiftsmart is funded by top tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley and DFW.
- For the employers and partners that work with us, you’ll have the opportunity to create real world impact in the community you live in.
- Competitive Salary, Stock Options, and a Full Medical / Dental / Vision Package
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.