Shift is an online marketplace for buying and selling used cars
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
As the face of Shift you will be directly responsible for bringing trust and simplicity to all of our appointments with each and every customer. Your success in the role will ensure that the company provides all of our customers with the smoothest and easiest experience possible.
You’ll Work On
* Evaluating customer’s vehicles and providing them with accurate vehicle valuations
* Providing customers smooth and easy test drive and delivery appointments
* Facilitating the purchase and sale of vehicles by becoming an expert on DMV paperwork
* Solving problems by working hand in hand with internal Sales, Financing, and Field Support Reps
* Making efficient decisions to ensure successful appointments and excellent customer experience.
* Partnering with the customer to provide excellent service on a daily basis during every interaction
* Interest in customer service and connecting with people.
* High attention to detail.
* A strong ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.
* Self-motivation and team-orientation.
* Calm demeanor under pressure.
* Eagerness and desire to take on new responsibilities.
* Highly effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* Flexibility with your schedule and are open to working mornings, nights, and weekends.
* Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
* Previous startup experience.
* Previous retail sales experience with consumer technology.
* Experience with Salesforce and Slack.
* $16 per hour
* Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
* Potential to earn monthly bonuses on top of your normal compensation.
* Competitive medical / vision / dental benefits for full-time employees and their families.
* Monthly cell phone reimbursement.
* Flexible part time and full time schedules available.
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
SHIFT is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
SHIFT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shift at a glance
Shift focuses on Washington, Dc and Bay Area, Ca. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington DC. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Shift has raised $113.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.