Field Operations Support
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
To support the Field Operations organization by playing an integral role in employee and customer escalations. This is accomplished through the triage and resolution of problems in an efficient and timely fashion. You interface directly with appropriate teams in order to accurately solve all escalations and ensure excellent customer and employee experience. As the expert of everything appointment related, including DMV paperwork, team processes, and internal communications, you serve as the single conduit to solve Field Operations’ problems. The successful performance of this job will facilitate the growth and efficiency of all Field Operations.
You’ll Work On
* Providing extensive and in depth support to the Field Operations Organization.
* Becoming the expert on all appointments, DMV paperwork, and team processes.
* Triaging and solving field escalations from Field Operations employees to ensure seamless appointment process.
* Work hand in hand with internal Sales, Financing, and Customer Service Reps to resolve escalations and customer appointments as quickly and efficiently as possible.
* Make efficient decisions to ensure successful appointments and customer experience.
* Prioritize appointments and how to successfully meet all business demand.
* Rearrange daily schedules to clear overbooked appointments.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to make split second good judgement calls.
* Calm & cool demeanor when under pressure.
* Flexibility with your schedule and willingness to work morning, evening or weekend shifts.
* You are able to handle multiple escalations and priorities at a given time.
* Experience working in a fast-paced operations environment.
* Highly effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* A strong ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.
* Previous experience working in a field support role.
* Knowledge of Multi-State DMV processes.
* Vehicle knowledge.
* Experience with Salesforce and Slack.
Compensation & Perks
* $17/ Hour
* Benefits for Full Time Employees
* Flexible Schedule
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
SHIFT is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
SHIFT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shift at a glance
Shift focuses on Washington, Dc and Bay Area, Ca. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington DC. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Shift has raised $113.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.