Shift is an online marketplace for buying and selling used cars
Paintless Dent Removal Technician
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
As an experienced Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) Technician you will perform cosmetic dent repairs by using trained techniques and various tools on small to midsize dent damage on the exterior of our internal vehicle inventory.
* Complete agreed upon number of vehicle repairs per day, based on internal labor/car averages
* Complete reporting and invoicing daily through company provided technologies
* Effectively communicate with team leads regarding current projects and upcoming needs identified via daily reviews
* Partner with additional departments as applicable
* Maintain company provided tools, and additional equipment per company standards (if not providing own tools)
* Assist internal detail team with cosmetic repairs (buffing, clay bar, touch up, etc.) when not completing primary duties
* 1-2 years of paintless dent removal experience
* High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
* Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license
* Able to lift up to 25 pounds
* Ability to sit, bend, squat, and hold various positions for long periods of time
* Post high school training and/or education
* At least one year of automotive reconditioning and/or detailing experience
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
SHIFT is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
SHIFT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shift at a glance
Shift focuses on Washington, Dc and Bay Area, Ca. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington DC. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Shift has raised $113.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.