Shift is an online marketplace for buying and selling used cars
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At SHIFT, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We are looking for a consumer focused product manager with shown success defining and launching excellent products. This role involves owning the movement of the product from conception to launch. As a PM at Shift, you will be responsible for documenting product requirements, supporting the development teams by understanding engineering feasibility and constraints on a broad level, and serving as the interlocutor between the business and development teams.
What you'll do:
* You'll understand consumer needs, business strategy, and product data to solve problems and find solutions with the most impact on Shift and customer experience
* Articulate features for your team's roadmap; write requirements, and work with engineering and design to understand the feasibility of proposed features
* You'll drive development of features and products end-to-end
* You'll document, track, and lead the experiment process; make sure that we know if our experiments are successful, and determine what's happening if we get unexpected results
What we ask for:
* You have 3-5 years of experience in product management shipping core functionality as part of a top-performing consumer software product organization
* You've collaborated closely with technical and non-technical team members
* You have phenomenal project management skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across multiple teams
* You have strong data and analytical abilities, can design, run and analyze product experiments while paying close attention working in a dynamic environment
Things that would be especially useful at Shift
* You have experience working at a startup
* You built products for a two-sided marketplace
* You're experienced working on a team with strong design and consumer focus
Shift is a San Francisco-based startup that is transforming the buying, selling, and servicing of used cars into a technology-driven, hassle-free experience. With Shift, one of our friendly car enthusiasts will work as your personal concierge from start to finish, whether it’s bringing a test drive to your door or providing an instant appraisal for the car you want to sell. All of our cars pass a rigorous inspection and come with a seven day money-back guarantee. Financing is also provided on most vehicles. Basically, we save you money, time, and the aggravation of working with a used car dealer.
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
SHIFT is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
SHIFT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shift at a glance
Shift focuses on Washington, Dc and Bay Area, Ca. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington DC. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Shift has raised $113.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.