Senior Fullstack Software Engineer M/F
Shift Technology is reinventing insurance claims automation and fraud detection with AI. We help insurers fully automate more claims, deliver a great customer experience while protecting against risk, and accurately identify suspected claims fraud, making investigative teams more effective and reducing fraud losses.
Since our launch in 2014 in Paris, we've raised over $100M with Tier 1 investors, opened offices in Boston, Tokyo, Singapore, London, Madrid, Zurich, and Hong Kong, and currently work with more than 80 insurers globally. If you are excited about joining a fast-growing insurtech innovator with a passion for excellence and global culture, Shift is the place for you.
YOUR ROLE As a member of Shift Technology’s dev team, part of the greater tech team, your role will be to deliver, maintain, support, and improve new and existing features in our customer products. More specifically in this role you may work on: -Our fraud detection product (with features such as data visualization, case management, graph exploration..)- Our claims automation product (with features such as advanced user interaction (chatbot, voice), automated document processing...)- Internal tools for the dev, data science and research teams- Helping maintain a high quality design and architecture- Coaching your fellow junior developers and helping them become better As a teammate, you will also participate in all of the team's usual activities: of course software development, but also technical design, roadmap planning, estimates, code reviews, etc. YOUR TOOLKITWe work with modern technologies and always encourage our team to explore what’s new in the market.Our main tools are:
- C# in the Backend, written with Visual Studio and Resharper
- React/ Redux (es6) and Less in the Frontend, written with Visual Studio Code, and packaged with Webpack
- SQL Server and Elasticsearch in the data layer
- A continuous delivery pipeline that uses Git, Nunit, Teamcity and Octopus Deploy -> If you are not proficient in one or more of these but like learning new things, don't worry, we will train you ! WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have strong coding skills: whatever your language of choice, your projects are beautifully designed and cleanly written
- You have good understanding of OOP concepts and algorithms complexity
- You have good understanding of distributed data systems
- You are dynamic, curious and eager to learn, always looking to expand your fields of expertise
- You are proactive and take ownership of your work
- You often come up with new ideas to solve complex problems, and know how to get your teammates behind them
- You want your work to have an impact: rather than a cog, you see yourself as the engine
- You are comfortable dealing with the pressure of delivering an excellent service to our customers
- You can communicate clearly in English RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- HR interview
- Interview with one of our developers
- Technical interview with two developers
- Last round interviews with a Manager and our Head of Engineering or CTO
We are currently conducting our recruitment processes fully remote.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shift Technology at a glance
Shift Technology focuses on SaaS, Information Technology, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Insurance. Their company has offices in Boston and Paris. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Shift Technology has raised $99.717M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.shift-technology.com/