Connecting home cooks with hungry neighbors
Head of Marketplace & Expansion$110k – $190k • 0.2% – 2.0%
At Shef, we are building a community-based food platform. We believe in providing our community of shefs (refugees, immigrants, stay-at-home parents, retirees) the opportunity to make a meaningful income from their very own kitchens - doing what they love! We also believe that every person should have access to a wholesome, homemade meal at an affordable price. Building a community devoted to economic empowerment and cultural inclusivity -- that's why we started Shef.
As one of TechCrunch's "favorite YC startups” backed by prominent Silicon Valley VCs and investors -- we have a ton of exciting work ahead of us!
We are looking for a Head of Marketplace & Expansion to help us scale our impact and expand our marketplace.
You are a proven marketplace operator with a knack for streamlining processes, creating effective playbooks, and leading implentation and expansion. As the Head of Marketplace and Expansion, you will work with the founders to refine Shef's operating model and to expand our impact. You will be an early leader at Shef, building the company's foundation, hiring strong talent, and paving the way for future growth.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Refine Shef's operating model with a focus on efficiency and scale.
- Establish an effective operating playbook. Plan and execute market expansion efforts with a focus on speed and efficiency.
- Forecast and set goals across all markets, while creating an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking and precision to reach those goals.
- Lead the recruitment of operational leaders at Shef.
- Identify and communicate product needs to product/engineering teams, sharing best practices to build for scale across the organization.
- Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through ambiguity, operating in a dynamic and rapidly growing environment.
- Build and implement programs to effectively ensure marketplace equilibrium.
- Be a culture leader, and create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT
- Proven track record of operational excellence at marketplace company.
- High EQ with proven ability to deliver outstanding results, while building strong consensus.
- Proven ability to recruit and lead A players.
- Experience navigating ambiguous environments solving complex problems while exercising good judgement.
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build sustainable relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in-person and remote management.
- Desire to be part of a high-growth, mission-driven startup on a path to disrupt the way we share food.
- Passion for Shef’s mission to build a community-based food platform that provides economic opportunity and high-quality, affordable meals for all.
7+ years of operations experience at marketplace company.
5+ years of managing teams preferred.
Bachelors Degree. MBA preferred.
Shef (YC W19) at a glance
Shef (YC W19) focuses on Food Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.shef.com