Together we can end hunger
Senior Backend Engineer - Node.js$50k – $60k
More than just a job!
Looking for a meaningful place to work? We’re on a mission to end global hunger. ShareTheMeal is the world’s first app against global hunger by the United Nations World Food Programme. Our community counts more than 2 million users. Together, we have shared more than 55 million meals. And this is just the beginning.
You will work on the development of our API and AWS-based infrastructure – which serves thousands of concurrently active users. As part of an agile team with the aim of continuously delivering a high-performant product, you will work on developing new features and ensuring the stability of the app.
- In-depth knowledge of systems design and architecture
- Experience building large-scale systems
- Proficiency in Node.js and design patterns
- You consider coding as a craft, ensuring your code is clean, readable, testable and of high quality
- Familiarity with SQL, Redis, and queuing mechanisms
- Hands-on DevOps experience is a plus
- You are a team player who enjoys working with people
- Good English communication skills
- Startup experience is a plus
- Be part of a multi-cultural, talented and driven team working on one of the most innovative social impact projects with the United Nations
- Technical challenges and a growing team. Own your development, grow together with ShareTheMeal.
- Make an impact: we’re a small team, working closely on a matter we’re passionate about, here you can see your ideas come to life!
- Enjoy a cosy office in the heart of Berlin and a great work-life balance
- We offer a competitive tax-exempt salary!
We develop native on iOS with Swift and in Java+Kotlin for Android. Our backend is written in node.js and runs on AWS (EC2, S3, Opswork, Cloudwatch, SNS, CloudFront, Route53, Amazon RDS, etc.) with Continuous Integration and Test Automation. Other tools include Contentful and Loco.