Canadians buy and sell bitcoin with Shakepay
Security Engineer$90k – $120k • 0.1% – 0.6%
You will join our small, fiery team on our mission to create open access to building wealth.
We're looking for someone with a thirst for knowledge and interested in working with the most exciting financial innovation ever created: bitcoin.
Bitcoin is important because it enables wealth to be stored with an individual without need for a third party. Its fundamental use-case as a store of value with a predictable monetary policy is having profound implications on freeing individuals into financial sovereignty.
Welcome to the crypto world where money is data and therefore data breaches could kill a startup. Have a look at the blockchain graveyard: https://magoo.github.io/Blockchain-Graveyard/.
The tl;dr of your role is having Shakepay never show up there.
You can come at this role from different angles: a software developer with application security experience, or an infrastructure engineer with infrastructure security experience. Eitherway, you will be carrying the security torch at Shakepay.
- Experience with building secure systems
Nice to haves
- experience with software development
- experience with whitehat hacking and penetration testing
- knowledge of the technology behind bitcoin
- experience with docker
- cryptography knowledge
- be an integral part of the engineering team by shipping production-level code while also serving as a security resource for the rest of the team.
- build/deploy/maintain security controls, instrumentation, and detection infrastructure
- assess threat models for both existing production systems and systems in development
- handle incident response when a security event occurs
- participate in code reviews
- manage our bug bounty program
We believe everyone at Shakepay should have the financial upside for building a generational company, so every shaker owns stock options.
Work on your own time, from anywhere. And if you’re in Montreal, you can come to the office and leave when you want—or don’t come at all.
We're very open about taking holidays at Shakepay. We think time off is important, and encourage it.
We work on a plan with you to help you reach your personal career goals.
Shakepay at a glance
Shakepay focuses on Financial Services, Bitcoin, and Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in Montreal, Calgary, and Halifax. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Shakepay has raised $1M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.