Canadians buy and sell bitcoin with Shakepay
Security Engineer$80k – $110k • 0.2% – 0.6%
You will join our small, fiery team on our mission to create open access to building wealth.
We're looking for someone with a thirst for knowledge and interested in working with the most exciting financial innovation ever created: bitcoin.
Bitcoin is important because it enables wealth to be stored with an individual without need for a third party. Its fundamental use-case as a store of value with a predictable monetary policy is having profound implications on freeing individuals into financial sovereignty.
Read more about working @ Shakepay: https://medium.com/shakepay/shakepay-is-hiring-a-3rd-full-stack-developer-in-montreal-dc22a8b347a6
Welcome to the crypto world where money is data and therefore data breaches could kill a startup. Have a look at the blockchain graveyard: https://magoo.github.io/Blockchain-Graveyard/.
The tl;dr of your role is having Shakepay never show up there.
You can come at this role from different angles: a software developer with application security experience, or an infrastructure engineer with infrastructure security experience. Eitherway, you will be carrying the security torch at Shakepay.
- Experience with building secure systems
Nice to haves:
- Experience with software development
- Experience with whitehat hacking and penetration testing
- Knowledge of the technology behind bitcoin
- Experience with docker
- Cryptography knowledge
- Be an integral part of the engineering team by shipping production-level code while also serving as a security resource for the rest of the team.
- Build/deploy/maintain security controls, instrumentation, and detection infrastructure
- Assess threat models for both existing production systems and systems in development
- Handle incident response when a security event occurs
- Participate in code reviews
- Manage our bug bounty program
Meet your team
Shakepay at a glance
Shakepay focuses on Financial Services, Bitcoin, and Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in Montreal, Calgary, and Halifax. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Shakepay has raised $1M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.