Plan. Deploy. Learn. Adopt: Make your technicians more productive
Sr Staff Engineer, Security (Cyber Threat, Vulnerability and Incident Management)
Who We Are:
ServiceMax’s mission is to help customers keep the world running with asset-centric field service management software. As the recognized leader in this space, ServiceMax’s mobile apps and cloud-based software provide a complete view of assets to field service teams. By optimizing field service operations, customers across all industries can better manage the complexities of service, support faster growth and run more profitable, outcome-centric businesses.
A career at ServiceMax means unleashing your potential to build, sell, implement and market award-winning products with a #wintogether and #customerobsessed approach. From MRI machines to gym equipment, customers around the globe rely on ServiceMax’s cloud-based software platform to keep these machines – and the world – running, every single day. We pride ourselves in creating a culture that inspires our employees to be the best they can be in an inclusive and judgement-free environment.
The systemic racism and inequality that has plagued the Black Community cannot continue. ServiceMax is committed to providing a place of opportunity and growth for Black people, as we strive to build a team that better reflects the communities we live and work in. Join a team that is committed to equal representation in the workplace and fostering a community of education and action against racial and social injustice.
As a Cyber Threat, Vulnerability and Incident Management (TVIM) Sr Staff Engineer, you will have two main areas of focus: You will help lead the design and development of security architectures for SaaS and mobile products, as well as mature capabilities and effectiveness around the vulnerability, threat and incident response cycles. This position will directly contribute to the overall cloud architecture and lead the security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications. In this role, you will be consuming threat intelligence, conducting threat modeling and designing robust, resilient, and secure cloud and mobile products while working with leading cloud infrastructure providers.
You will serve as the central point of contact for Enterprise Security for IT, product engineering teams, and other functions across the organization for all matters related to cloud security. The successful candidate possesses the excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other stakeholders across the business to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies and protect customer data.
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop, and deploy security architectures for cloud and mobile systems, while utilizing your firm understanding of the offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS). Based on business requirements, design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to Organization and with appropriate security controls present.
- Assess the threat landscape, lead the strategy and development of automated solutions to manage vulnerabilities within acceptable risk limits, and address Security incidents by leveraging automation.
- Work with disrupters in the industry through design partnerships to help bring new solutions to the market that would help protect ServiceMax and its customers.
- Lead initiatives designed to share knowledge across Security Platforms and/or Technology teams. Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools. Develop and execute strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
What You Bring to ServiceMax:
- College degree or/equivalent and 5 years related work experience.
- 3 years experience with Security Engineering or Architecture in AWS.
- 3 years experience managing threats, vulnerabilities, and facilitating incident response.
- Experience designing and deploying [cloud native, third party or OSS] security solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Chef, etc) preferred.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with IT and cloud security tools and concepts, such as EDR, CASB, Federation, anti-phishing, and container security.
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies or products.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Technical writing experience
What ServiceMax Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities
Our Hiring Process In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ServiceMax.
ServiceMax is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
comprehensive benefits program, including health/dental coverage
flexible time off policy
career development opportunities
monthly lunches, company sponsored events
base salary, performance-based bonus programs
we pride ourselves in creating an environment and culture that inspires our employees to be the best they can be.
ServiceMax at a glance
ServiceMax focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Software, Tech Field Support, and Inventory Management Systems. Their company has offices in London, Santa Clara, Bengaluru, and Pleasanton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, ServiceMax has raised $284M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.