Plan. Deploy. Learn. Adopt: Make your technicians more productive
Sr. Staff Software Engineer - Mobile Application Development,React Native
Who We Are:
ServiceMax’s mission is to help customers keep the world running with asset-centric field service management software. As the recognized leader in this space, ServiceMax’s mobile apps and cloud-based software provide a complete view of assets to field service teams. By optimizing field service operations, customers across all industries can better manage the complexities of service, support faster growth and run more profitable, outcome-centric businesses.
A career at ServiceMax means unleashing your potential to build, sell, implement and market award-winning products with a #wintogether and #customerobsessed approach. From MRI machines to gym equipment, customers around the globe rely on ServiceMax’s cloud-based software platform to keep these machines – and the world – running, every single day. We pride ourselves in creating a culture that inspires our employees to be the best they can be in an inclusive and judgement-free environment.
The systemic racism and inequality that has plagued the Black Community cannot continue. ServiceMax is committed to providing a place of opportunity and growth for Black people, as we strive to build a team that better reflects the communities we live and work in. Join a team that is committed to equal representation in the workplace and fostering a community of education and action against racial and social injustice.
You will be responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety, and will be responsible for integrating it across multiple systems. In the role, you will work independently and seen as a technical leader, and will be responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development m and infrastructure
- Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Businesses & Product Managers
- Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy
- Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks
- Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands
- Lead the architecture and design efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in architecting custom solutions off the base product
- Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary – as a value offering
*****What You Bring to ServiceMax:*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience OR PhD with 5 years of experience
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience of Mobile Application Development, using React Native, a must
- Hands-on experience with Cloud/SaaS Multi-tenant Applications using Java, Angular or ReactJs
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc) and its integration with application
- Facilitates and coaches software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches to team sizing and estimation. Leads a community of practice around estimation to share best practices among teams
- Knowledgeable of development in UX in various contexts, businesses, and industries
- Quantifies effectiveness of design choices by gathering data
- Drives accountability and adoption. Publishes guidance and documentation to promote adoption of design
- Proposes design solutions based on research and synthesis; creates general design principles that capture the vision and critical concerns for a program
- Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams, and demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified)
- Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Provides training on Lean / Agile
- Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process
- Teaches XP practices to others. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness
What ServiceMax Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities
Our Hiring Process In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ServiceMax.
ServiceMax is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
comprehensive benefits program, including health/dental coverage
flexible time off policy
career development opportunities
monthly lunches, company sponsored events
base salary, performance-based bonus programs
we pride ourselves in creating an environment and culture that inspires our employees to be the best they can be.
ServiceMax at a glance
ServiceMax focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Software, Tech Field Support, and Inventory Management Systems. Their company has offices in London, Santa Clara, Bengaluru, and Pleasanton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, ServiceMax has raised $284M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.