Serverless Technology Development
Remote Contract NodeJS/AWS/Serverless Developer (Senior-Level)No equity
Remote Contract NodeJS/AWS/Serverless Developer (Senior-Level)
This is a remote and full time 40 hours/week contract position
Pay: $50/hr+ DOE
A little about us:
Serverless Guru’s roots are in Portland, Oregon and for years we have dedicated ourselves to serverless development for top international enterprise companies. We also believe in supporting the growing Cloud Computing community and have released a number of tutorials on our Medium Publication and a Foundational Course on serverless development. We were founded on the notion that Serverless technologies and innovations will become the base of the software industry in the next 5-10 years, and that everything that can be automated effectively should be automated.
Be part of a team on the cutting edge of this burgeoning field. Master serverless development by learning from the industry’s best while having the opportunities to put your own stamp on each project you collaborate on. Our belief is that leveraging fully managed solutions will be the only way software development is done at scale in the future.
As a Senior Serverless Developer you will be in close contact with other developers and our clients directly. This role emphasizes building serverless applications, consulting with our clients to help them find the best solutions, and training both client teams and other developers. Senior developers will feel confident leading and giving directions to teams as well as independently handling projects.
Our ideal candidate will be able to employ best practices to help support other developers, and create code that is easily workable, maintainable, and scalable. They will have experience working with AWS, AppSync, Serverless Framework, NodeJS, and testing with Jest. Experience with ReactJS, Angular, or mobile development will help, but our primary focus is backend serverless development.
• Front-end, back-end, and full-stack cloud serverless development
• Review client serverless architecture and severless development practices while recommending improvements.
• Hold virtual training on advanced serverless topics and introductory training for both internal and client teams
• Pair programming with Clients
• Involving oneself into the tech community through writing articles and keeping up with current case studies
• 1+ years of serverless development experience
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with Jest - unit/integration/acceptance testing
• Experience working with relational and non-relational databases such as:
• Experience and comfort in using AWS and their background services:
o S3 (Have made S3 Static websites, ideal: created pre-signed URLs)
o CloudFront (Have connected Cloudfront to S3)
o IAM (Have created IAM roles, policies, and users)
o SQS (Have worked with and understand where SQS is useful)
o SNS (Have worked with and understand where SNS is useful)
o SES (Have worked with and understand where SES is useful)
o Route53 (Have setup Alias records to Cloudfront or other AWS services)
o RDS / Serverless Aurora
• We prefer candidates with experience and comfort working in the fast paced environment of a start-up
Our squad is diligent and team-oriented with care being given to keeping a comfortable and open workplace. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity workplace that honors diversity and inclusion.
If this seems like a good fit, please apply and we will send you a coding challenge to assess your skill levels and set up an interview from there!
Serverless Guru at a glance
Serverless Guru focuses on Cloud Computing, Startups, and Technology. Their company has offices in Portland, United States, Oregon, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://serverlessguru.com/