The Simplest Way to Create Internet of Buildings and Cities
Hardware & Application Engineer$70k – $90k • 0.0% – 0.05%
As part of the embedded development process, the position will allow for working with new technologies and sensors and requires rapid development when these needs arise. Experimentation, testing, and design validation can be expected; an ideal candidate will be able to successfully balance business needs and accelerated timelines without sacrificing quality.
The role also requires prototyping and design for manufacturing of the PCB enclosures for the physical pieces of the platform. The candidate should have an understanding of injection molding and the design considerations that arise from working with different materials using this method.
Furthermore, the position has a need for developing custom solutions for specific applications per customer request, oftentimes involving the integration of third party sensors and equipment with the Senseware hardware and mounted in an enclosure. Machining prototypes in-house is necessary, as is developing dimensioned drawings to provide a machine shop for larger scale orders.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with design software (Autodesk Inventor, Fusion 360, Solidworks, etc.)
- Coding experience (Embedded C preferred)
- Strong & open communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team & independently
- Desire to be challenged and persevere
- Grit & attention to detail
What we offer
- Significant growth and advancement opportunities
- Unlimited paid time-off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Casual dress code
- Fun, entrepreneurial work environment
- Friday catered lunch and Daily snacks
Senseware at a glance
Senseware focuses on Internet of Things, Commercial Real Estate, Smart Building, and Smart City. Their company has offices in Washington DC. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Senseware has raised $1.035M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2015.