The Simplest Way to Create Internet of Buildings and Cities
Technical Sales Engineer$70k – $90k • 0.0% – 0.05%
Senseware is a different kind of company and we take our opportunity seriously. We want people who want to build the next great company. In addition to experience, you must have passion, curiosity, writing skills, street smarts, analytical and quantitative skills, creativity, persistence and impressive interpersonal skills. Must be calm and personable under pressure with strong negotiation skills. We are seeking someone who can perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Sell complex scientific and technological products and services to businesses
• Acquire extensive knowledge of Senseware’s product parts and functions and understand the scientific processes that make Senseware products work
• Use technical skills to explain the benefits of our products or services to potential customers and show how our products and services are better than competitors' products.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining our products or services to customers and prospective customers and how we solve the customer problem
• Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
• Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
• Secure and renew orders and arrange delivery
• Ask for technical requirements from customers and modify and adjust products to meet customers’ specific needs.
• Help clients solve problems with installed equipment
• Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase production
• Work with research and development (R&D) departments to help identify and develop new products
• Have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
• Can combine technical knowledge of the products or services with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A Problem-solver
• Able to listen to the customer’s desires and concerns, and then recommend solutions, possibly including customizing a product
• Confident and persuasive when making sales presentations.
• Have knowledge in electrical, mechanical, plumbing systems and building management system - a huge plus
• Desire to work in a startup environment, with proactive mindset and minimum need for supervision
• Persistence and determination to deliver results
• Well organized and strong work ethic
• Outgoing, personable and fun
What we offer
• Significant growth and advancement opportunities
• Unlimited paid time-off
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Casual dress code
• Fun, entrepreneurial work environment
• Friday catered lunch and Daily snacks
Senseware at a glance
Senseware focuses on Internet of Things, Commercial Real Estate, Smart Building, and Smart City. Their company has offices in Washington DC. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Senseware has raised $1.035M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2015.