See what's up, know what's on
Embedded Software Engineer
Sense is seeking an embedded software engineer to improve the software on our award-winning home energy monitors. If you are looking to use your professional expertise to make a difference in the fight against global warming, while also shipping a best-in-class consumer-facing product built on cutting-edge technology, then we should talk!
The ideal candidate will have direct experience with some of the following:
- Developing for GHz-class embedded ARM SoCs, particularly in C, Rust, and Python
- Experience deploying and monitoring a large fleet of IoT devices
- Experience implementing IoT RF protocols, including 802.11, BTLE, or 802.15.4
- Real-time low-latency digital signal processing on high sample rates (audio or above)
- Linux kernel device driver development and board support
Onsite in our Cambridge, MA office is preferred (once COVID-19 is over), but we're open to discussion if you're well set up for remote embedded development. All of our EE is done in-house, so you'll be working closely with the hardware team to make our hardware sing. You will also be working directly with our product team to develop new user-facing features. To be successful in this role, you should love working from the very low-level all the way up to the user experience, and everything in between.
- Strong background in a compiled systems language and Linux
- Self-motivated and inquisitive style. The problems we solve aren't listed on Stack Overflow. You should enjoy digging deep to find solutions.
- Authorized to work in the US
We are a team of generalists, which means that we believe your previous experience is valuable, even if it's not directly related to this role's requirements. Impress us with your ability to thrive in an environment where you are challenged to learn new skills and solve difficult problems.
Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
Flexible hours and WFH policy.
Paid parental leave.
Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening Jan 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).
Sense at a glance
Sense focuses on Hardware, Energy Efficiency, Energy Management, and Home Automation. Their company has offices in Cambridge. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Sense has raised $47.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.