See what's up, know what's on
Front End Software Engineer
Sense is looking for a front end software engineer to help us bring life and functionality to the Sense web properties. If you are looking to use your professional expertise to make a difference in the fight against global warming, while also shipping a best-in-class consumer-facing product built on cutting-edge technology, then we should talk!
In this role, you will:
- Work with the product team to translate UX and visual designs into elegant, responsive, and modern web apps
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain the suite of Sense web apps
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to specify server APIs to support new application functionality
If you're passionate about front-end development and have the skills to to create a delightful and engaging web presence for Sense, you may be the person we're looking for.
- 1+ years of experience building production web applications
- Solid understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Proficient at cross-browser testing and debugging
- Authorized to work in the US
Nice to have's:
- Familiarity with modern web development tools (for example, we use ES6+, Babel, Webpack, and Stylus)
- Experience with deployment on AWS (CloudFront, S3, etc)
- Familiarity with data visualization and D3
- Experience optimizing sites for performance
Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
Flexible hours and WFH policy.
Paid parental leave.
Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening Jan 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).
Sense at a glance
Sense focuses on Hardware, Energy Efficiency, Energy Management, and Home Automation. Their company has offices in Cambridge. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Sense has raised $47.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.