Wyre is a secure and compliant bridge between fiat currencies and cryptocurrency
Paralegal$45k – $55k
Location: Remote - US/Mexico/Brazil/Canada
Employment Type: Contractor 3 months to W2 employee
Wyre is the leading infrastructure provider in crypto. After trading over $3.5 billion in cryptocurrency assets and completing over $750 million in bank-to-bank FX payments, we have an established network of relationships with leading banks, exchanges, and decentralized partners. Using Wyre’s API, customers are able to instantly convert fiat to crypto globally in over 50 countries, in 8 different fiat currencies, and 3 cryptocurrencies. We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
As our Paralegal, you will be supporting our Compliance team. As advocates for both our users and our business, you will balance varied perspectives and empower your team to do great work. You'll be a critical part in shaping the future of our Company.
We’re excited to have you join us on this adventure.
This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- You will report to and assist the company on contract and legal document review, editing, and organization
- Maintain and create corporate records and provide support for Wyre’s money transmission licensing program in the U.S., licenses in other jurisdictions, and assistance on documentation for the AML compliance program where necessary
- Help prepare, review, and negotiate contracts with third-party vendors and service providers
- Assist with Finance and Human Resources matters where needed
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of other legal matters
- You need to be able to work in an extremely ambiguous industry
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit
- Extremely organized
- Low ego and not scared to roll up your sleeves and get your hand dirty
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal or similar legal role at a law firm or in-house, preferably at a FinTech or a Money Transmitter.
- Experience in litigation, law enforcement response, or compliance; risk at a FinTech, and preferably a Money Transmitter.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating, and/or processing legal documents for a FinTech, and working with third-party vendors
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Ability to address problems and think critically with minimal supervision
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience with G Suite, slack, and excel
- You thrive in an iterative environment with short feedback loops
- Strong preference for an interest in, and experience with, cryptocurrency, basic SQL, and the NMLS system for managing MTLs
Perks & Benefits
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Work From Home
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup
Established in 2013, Wyre has put its stamp on the fintech world. We’ve grown our expertise in crypto wallets, virtual bank accounts, cross-border money transfer, and corporate payments, and we’re using that knowledge now to help other crypto projects grow by providing the infrastructure. Our mission is to help crypto projects interact with the fiat world. Wyre’s API provides on-ramps and off-ramps, foreign exchange, and crypto liquidity to users of various crypto projects including decentralized exchanges.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission district.
How We Work
We’re a group of good and honest people with good intentions to build something meaningful in a very complex and sometimes unknown industry.
Personal interaction, in particular, is something we emphasize a lot. We’ve spent the past few years building a family and strive hard to find people who make others want to be around them. We love to be around happy people. We’re extremely transparent internally and love to build relationships with our partners.
We are self-driven. We are passionate. We are team players. We are family. We are Wyre.
Wyre at a glance
Wyre focuses on Payments, Finance Technology, Bitcoin, Blockchains, and Remittance. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong, Miami, and Sydney. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Wyre has raised $8.61M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2016.