Segment is the best infrastructure for your customer data
Tribe and Karma of the Team:
At Segment, we believe that good data is the foundation of good decision-making. Too often, we see product managers and marketers with siloed or conflicting pieces of the picture, and engineers who struggle to keep up with evolving data needs. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure using a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. We ensure that all of our customers are equipped with a holistic and detailed view of their customers, unlocking digital transformations, personalized marketing, and a data-driven future. Data Scientists at Segment are able to fully leverage the 360° of information we collect using our own platform to understand our customers and our product. You’ll create models, design experiments, and develop perspectives that inform your stakeholders in their operations and strategy. You’ll collaborate with teams all across the business, from front-end engineers to sales operations and finance. Together with your teammates, you’ll help deliver on the core promise of Segment: delivering key insights and predictions to the endpoints, and end users, where they can be maximally leveraged.
Drive and Focus of the Role:
- Work with cross-functional partners to deeply understand their problems and gaps
- Leverage diverse datasets to build your analyses and predictive models
- Collaborate with data engineers and operations teams to productionize your work
- Recent examples of projects include: prediction of product activation and churn, multitouch attribution, and sales lead scoring
- Effectively communicate insights and analyses to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Use your knowledge and the power of data to inform day-to-day operations, as well as company-level strategic decisions
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of work experience in an analytical or scientific role
- Deep sense of curiosity
- Naturally frame your work within the scientific method: hypothesis generation, experimentation, and iteration
- Synthesize and communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Strong business acumen
- Excited about rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done in the environment of a hyper-growth technology startup
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative or technical field; or equivalent years of experience
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Including 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
We offer a generous leave policy for both birthing and non-birthing parents, and cutting edge support to help make being a parent easier!
Our healthy, catered lunches and dinners are delicious and cover every type of diet.
We provide a $100/month stipend that you can spend on anything wellness related.
We want to take the stress out of commuting and make your life easier instead.
We want to support your curiosity and growth; everyone can take advantage of an annual L&D stipend.
We help cover the costs of moving to bring great talent to our team.
We offer a choice of work settings suitable for your variety of day-to-day tasks and work activities.
Segment at a glance
Segment focuses on Cloud Computing, Analytics, Infrastructure, Big Data, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, Vancouver, and Sydney. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Segment has raised $347.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.