Segment is the best infrastructure for your customer data
Account Executive, Commercial Organizations
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market. We're looking to grow our sales team by finding bright, hardworking Account Executives who can sell a technical product to a range of business functions (developers, marketing, product, BI, analytics) with integrity and conviction. We're still a young team, so each member plays an integral role in building the foundation of our future sales organization. You will be the dominant driver of revenue growth, and be on the main lines of evangelizing our platform to both new and existing customers.
What you’ll do** :**
- Spearhead the growth & adoption of Segment
- Manage full sales cycles from initial conversion by the Sales Development Team
- Uncover new opportunities from our existing customers and target accounts
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively managing your pipeline of opportunities and weekly sales forecasts
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Legal, Engineering, Security, Marketing, Product) to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles
- Engage in team development and mentoring
- Lead compelling presentations of Segment’s product and vision to a broad range of audiences from c-level executives to individual contributors
You’re a great fit if you…
- 3+ years of experience in a closing role at a SaaS provider, with a record of top performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of the marketing technology industry and key players
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing and evolving work environment
- Unwavering drive to be successful and constantly develop your career
- Intellectual curiosity and high ambition We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you! * * * Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Including 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
We offer a generous leave policy for both birthing and non-birthing parents, and cutting edge support to help make being a parent easier!
Our healthy, catered lunches and dinners are delicious and cover every type of diet.
We provide a $100/month stipend that you can spend on anything wellness related.
We want to take the stress out of commuting and make your life easier instead.
We want to support your curiosity and growth; everyone can take advantage of an annual L&D stipend.
We help cover the costs of moving to bring great talent to our team.
We offer a choice of work settings suitable for your variety of day-to-day tasks and work activities.
Segment at a glance
Segment focuses on Cloud Computing, Analytics, Infrastructure, Big Data, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, Vancouver, and Sydney. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Segment has raised $170.58M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2017.