Segment is the best infrastructure for your customer data
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. More recently, we also developed the ability to let customers enrich their data in real time using computations they specify. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market. We’re looking for an experienced customer-facing** Solutions Architect** who loves helping people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in the success of our largest enterprise customers. This position is for someone who has strong technical aptitude, extensive customer-facing experience and the ability to oversee multiple engagements. As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be tasked with leading technical onboarding engagements with our enterprise customers and supporting ongoing efforts to build a world-class professional services organization. You’d be joining a team of talented individuals that care deeply about Segment’s customers, partners, each other and the broader community. We judge ourselves on how well we serve each of those stakeholders. So if you enjoy working with smart people and helping to build a company that cares about quality, you’ve found the right place.
What you’ll do** :**
- Help customers instrument Segment APIs across their stack (web, mobile, server) and maximize the value generated from the many end tool and warehouse integrations Segment supports
- Complete onboarding engagements within budget and scope
- Design a data structure that will gracefully flow downstream into integrations or SQL warehouses
- Develop and iterate on internal processes to ensure consistency across our onboarding engagements
- Work closely with the product team to improve customer success across our entire platform
- Become a guide on the code base and functionality of the Segment platform, libraries, and integrations. And help improve it!
- Travel across EMEA to meet with new Segment customers (travel expectation is 20-25%)
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have experience deploying a sophisticated technical product with a variety of clients
- Are able to deal with variety of stakeholders ranging from timeline-driven project managers, sophisticated marketers, technical engineers, and strategic business partners
- Have strong time management skills and are organized and detail obsessed
- Are passionate about learning the ins and outs that sit at the intersection of an exciting, customer focused ecosystem
- Love for explaining technical concepts and the moment where you see things “click”
- Can write SQL queries and have experience with data architecture
*Desirable but not essential: *
- Experience working closely with or implementing any of our Destination partners
- PMP certification (or a similar accreditation)
- Experience working as a full-time software engineer at any point in your career
- Expertise in multiple areas of the MarTech ecosystem and concepts including attribution, analytics, adtech, CRM, mobile, NPS and more
Including 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
We offer a generous leave policy for both birthing and non-birthing parents, and cutting edge support to help make being a parent easier!
Our healthy, catered lunches and dinners are delicious and cover every type of diet.
We provide a $100/month stipend that you can spend on anything wellness related.
We want to take the stress out of commuting and make your life easier instead.
We want to support your curiosity and growth; everyone can take advantage of an annual L&D stipend.
We help cover the costs of moving to bring great talent to our team.
We offer a choice of work settings suitable for your variety of day-to-day tasks and work activities.
Segment at a glance
Segment focuses on Cloud Computing, Analytics, Infrastructure, Big Data, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, Vancouver, and Sydney. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Segment has raised $170.58M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2017.