Segment is the best infrastructure for your customer data
Senior Software Engineer
As a developer at Segment on the Sources team, you will work alongside other skilled developers, product leads, front-end developers, and success engineers to craft high-performance and highly operable services that will scale to support our rapidly growing user base. You will empower Segment’s mission of data synthesis, building trust with our customers in our 100% reliable, astonishingly flexible, and immensely powerful data delivery.
The Segment Sources team builds software that brings 12 billion rows of data into Segment every day so that we can make new types of data accessible to mid-market and enterprise businesses through the Segment platform. The data will be delivered to every downstream destination - including 4,400 customer data warehouses - so our customers can deliver amazing digital customer experiences.
What we do:
- We build microservices, mostly in Go, running in Docker containers on ECS.
- We believe that teammates have each others’ backs - we build for operability and stand behind the services we write.
- Supporting each others’ success with our drive and focus is our highest responsibility.
- We believe in using the best tool for the job. We’ve architected so that we can leverage partner API SDKs in any language or framework.
- We use our creativity and imagination to handle high data volumes and velocity.
- We deploy our code multiple times per day. We "semver" everything
- We are passionate about growth and we love conferences. (One of our engineers spoke in 4 different countries last year!)
- We love open source: open.segment.com
- We’re proud of the code we write, but we’re not dogmatic about methodologies or techniques. We believe building the "right thing" is more important than building things "right", as long as we build it “better” each time we touch it.
Projects We Work On:
- We are building new Cloud Sources that deliver data to Segment from different Partner APIs
- We’re re-engineering pipelines that clean, deduplicate, and deliver a huge volume of data
- We’re building new, more actionable, adaptive, and insightful visibility systems so we can easily spot opportunities for improvement
- We’re always looking at emerging technologies that could save us time or unlock new capabilities to pass on to our colleagues or customers
Including 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
We offer a generous leave policy for both birthing and non-birthing parents, and cutting edge support to help make being a parent easier!
Our healthy, catered lunches and dinners are delicious and cover every type of diet.
We provide a $100/month stipend that you can spend on anything wellness related.
We want to take the stress out of commuting and make your life easier instead.
We want to support your curiosity and growth; everyone can take advantage of an annual L&D stipend.
We help cover the costs of moving to bring great talent to our team.
We offer a choice of work settings suitable for your variety of day-to-day tasks and work activities.
Segment at a glance
Segment focuses on Cloud Computing, Analytics, Infrastructure, Big Data, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, Vancouver, and Sydney. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Segment has raised $170.58M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2017.