Secfi is the equity expert for startup employees
Front-End Engineer (React/TypeScript)$40k – $80k • 0.01% – 0.25%
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and financing to guide employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Our set of online forecasting tools enable individuals to assess the value of their stock options and calculate the cost to exercise. Financing is available to help employees exercise options or unlock liquidity for important financial goals. And our team of Equity Advisors is available to assist every step of the way. We bring clarity, peace of mind and thoughtful planning to thousands of startup employees.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
The engineering team owns all of technology within Secfi. We work together in multi-disciplinary and empowered teams, each with a unique focus on one of the product areas. Cross cutting concerns are addressed in our dedicated “Communities of Practice”: self managed groups of engineers with strong interests in the corresponding field. We are proactive problems solvers who love cooperation and open feedback and who actively seek out help when needed.
For our Engineering team in Amsterdam we are looking for an experienced and talented Front-End Engineer, who feels right at home in a fast-paced scale-up environment. As a member of one of our product teams, you work on implementing new features in a specific product domain. Your team is multidisciplinary and responsible for the full-stack delivery of each feature. You thrive on working closely together with designers, backend- and frontend-engineers and product specialists. You are opinionated on best practices and own decisions made by the team as if they are your own. Proactively looking for things to improve and then driving this change feels natural to you. Ideally, you have broad interests in cross cutting concerns - be it security, devops or architecture, for example - and want to be part of shaping the company’s future in these areas of expertise.
In this role you will:
- Work in a small agile team, collaborate with your colleagues and mentor, educate and support those around you.
- Actively work with Product Design and implement features based on mockups and prototypes.
- Collaborate with back-end engineers in architecting and consuming APIs.
- Use experiments, data and user feedback to improve our web-application to be fast, easy to use and functional.
- Demonstrated passion for building comprehensive, intelligent and elegant solutions
- 3 to 8 years of relevant work experience in TypeScript (or ES6), React (or similar), MobX and CSS.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar
- Strong communication & team collaboration skills and willingness to learn.
- Strong record of professional achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude
- Strong business sense
- Fun person to work with
- Fluent in English
Your benefits include:
- Competitive salary, retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events
- Work environment designed to help your professional growth
- High-end gear
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience
Principals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Secfi at a glance
Secfi focuses on Financial Services, Technology, Wealth Management, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Amsterdam. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Secfi has raised $7M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.