If life is an event, then we have the tickets
Program Manager, Payment Solutions
As the Program Manager of Payment Solutions, you’ll manage our payments platform across our multiple lines of business. You and your team will ensure that our business and customers are equipped with the most efficient payment processing option for any situation, and help bring SeatGeek to the forefront of payments innovation.
You'll report to the Director of Payment & Risk Operations and work within the larger Finance organization. You’ll work with many teams across our organization to manage, optimize and grow our consumer payments program. You’ll help continue building our Enterprise Payments platform, working with external Enterprise clients and third-party vendors.
What you’ll do
- Manage external payment processing relationships across territories and verticals.
- Maintain internal relationships with Client Services to aid in the further development and optimization of our payments platform for our Enterprise clients.
- Work alongside our Sales and Implementation teams to ensure that new Enterprise clients are equipped with the right payments products for their businesses.
- Be an expert in the industry, stay up to date on industry/regulatory changes that could affect the business.
- Identify areas for opportunity or problems and present clear business cases with actionable solutions.
- Set clear goals for the program, and for individuals under your scope. Report on these and provide regular feedback. Celebrate wins and address areas for improvement with equal respect.
- Work to develop a payments support program for both consumer payments and our Enterprise payments platform.
- Set goals for the team that balance customer experience and efficiency.
- Aid in the development of larger team goals, projects, and strategy.
- Run point with internal and external legal counsel for all things payments.
- Communicate and escalate problems or issues as necessary. Triage bugs and potential small/large-scale issues.
- Travel to client locations (post-Covid/when safe) will be required, at times up to 50%.
What you have
- 3+ years working in payments, including industry knowledge and expertise
- Strong project management experience in tech or other high-growth environment
- Experience leading projects cross-functionally from ideation to completion
- Experience managing vendors
- Comfortable making decisions that balance customer empathy and SeatGeek’s best interests
- Creative and solutions-oriented
- Equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision. We also provide annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- A focus on transparency. We have regular company meetings and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Although this perk is currently on pause, we can’t help but talk about it. SeatGeek employees receive a monthly ticket-purchase stipend, and we cannot wait to get back to safely attending the live events that we so dearly miss
- Covid-19 Response: We’re not expecting employees to return to the office until January 2021 at the earliest. Once it’s again safe to do so, we look forward to welcoming people back to our offices. In the meantime, we’re offering a $1000 reimbursement to create your ideal workspace at home.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!
We cover all the basics like health, dental, & vision, 401(k), and paid vacation. We also offer unlimited sick days, meditation benefits, and paid parental leave.
Fully-stocked kitchen and lunches
Our office is fully stocked with snacks and drinks. We have catered team lunches every week.
We have regular happy hours, go bowling, play board games, take ski trips, and even do an annual "Workation" retreat. We like to do stuff together.
Monthly ticket stipend
Employees get a monthly allowance to attend their favorite live events, from concerts to sporting events to theater.
State of the art setup
We'll get you set up with all the latest and greatest hardware and software to best do your job.
Freebies & subsidies
Get a Citibike annual pass, a premium Spotify account, work anniversary gifts, team presents and more.
SeatGeek at a glance
SeatGeek focuses on Search, Sports, Vertical Search, Events, and Maps. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, SeatGeek has raised $159.97M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2017.