CrowdPricing & Discovery-Tools Sell Ebooks
Co-Founder PWA/Flutter/React Native App Developer$70k – $150k • 4.0% – 6.0%
Join us and become a part of history as together we change the face of e-commerce for digital content forever. We are looking for a smart, creative app developer with a good eye for UI to build and continue to extend the feature set of our reader/player app for our ebooks and audiobooks.
We have early, limited function iterations live now written in React Native for iOS and Flutter for Android. We're looking for an expert to standardize on one or move us to PWA, and then move forward quickly many needed features.
We will provide you with any computer system and set of development tools you need to be productive (within reason).
• Get in on the ground floor and become an owner of a new, industry-transforming company.
• Strong Intellectual Property position and unfair advantages over traditional e-publishers -- unique ability to connect books with the readers who will love them and generate greater than 10x revenue on same content
• Consult with kayak.com founding employee & Chief Architect Bill O’Donnell, who is a technical advisor to the company.
• Create your own solutions to challenging technical problems.
• Choose the tools that will be used by you and your future colleagues
• Make mistakes, disrupt the status quo, and create the engineering culture that would make this your dream job as we grow!
If hired, you will receive a hefty equity grant relative to the position. You will also earn direct payment in the form of a revenue share (better than a profit share) on every dollar we make, increasing as gross revenue increases. A working app will quickly accelerate this, so your earnings are largely under your control.
Due to our early stage, we know you may need to continue with your day job as we grow, so a part time co-founder role is fine at the start.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
We want you if you:
• Are kind, fun, fast, and flexible (especially kind and fast)
• Can respect authors and have a passion for self-publishing
• Enjoy reading ebooks or listening to audiobooks
...and if you know:
• PWA web and app development
• React Native and/or Flutter to help bridge from the current versions
• iOS and Android app development and deployment
• E-commerce and security best practices
• Good communication skills
If you have some experience with these, that's a plus, but it's not required:
• GraphQL, Realm, and Redux
• Windows UWP development
• Streaming audio and video
• Ruby on Rails or Elixir (our back-end)
• Podcasting or MP3 file experience
• EPUB and MOBI file formats
• Audio processing or speech recognition programming
• C/C++ systems work or game programming
And if you want an executive leadership role (an option for all co-founders):
• Strong team-building and project management record
• Leadership experience
• Passionately and logically press your own ideas, but embrace decisions even if they differ from your recommendations
You will be responsible to:
• Build, continually enhance, and maintain our app presence for content delivery and connecting authors with fans
• Nurture a healthy engineering culture.
If you think we might be a fit for each other, drop us a line and let's talk. We're highly motivated to move fast when we find the right person. Please include information that shows us your passion and speaks to our needs above -- the COVER LETTER MATTERS A LOT TO US. Please keep in mind we're looking for a driven and technical co-founder, who can think and act like a company owner, not just an employee. We are not looking for contract work.
Scribliotech (Scribl) at a glance
Scribliotech (Scribl) focuses on Publishing, E-Books, EBooks, and Audiobooks. Their company has offices in Hanover. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.scribl.com