Industrial Augmented Reality
DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Scope AR is the pioneer of enterprise-class augmented reality solutions, delivering the industry’s only cross-platform AR tools for getting workers the knowledge they need, when they need it. The company is revolutionizing the way enterprises work and collaborate by offering AR tools that provide more effective and efficient knowledge-sharing to conduct complex remote tasks, employee training, product and equipment assembly, maintenance and repair, field and customer support, and more.
The company’s device-agnostic technology supports smartphones, tablets and wearables, making it easy for leading organizations like Boeing, Toyota, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, Assa Abloy, GE and others to quickly scale their use of AR to any remote worker.
Working at Scope AR provides you the opportunity to have a real and major impact on the way products around the globe get created and how work gets done.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for scaling and securing server and network infrastructure or our services, both for the Scope AR Cloud and for on-premise installations, often for large, security conscious customers. You will play a key role in delivering the services our software depends upon, and be essential to our success.
- Work with development teams to automate and streamline releases of our mission-critical distributed systems
- Based on our customers’ needs, design infrastructure configurations, both for our hosted services and for on-premise installations
- Anticipate changes to infrastructure to meet customers’ changing needs
- Write scripts to automate installations, maintenance, migrations, etc.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer VMs and networks for our hosted infrastructure
- Improve our Docker Swarm configuration set up for high availability and scalability to support our products
- Improve and execute on security policies, identify and resolve security issues
- Run scans, and harden server images, configuration, networks and environments
- Monitor services infrastructure performance; analyze issues, recommend and implement changes
- Automate testing of configuration and scripts
- Load/stress test configurations
- Create and run tests to determine scaling characteristics
- Document DevOps processes: develop standards to guide operations, support and maintenance
- Work with our customer to establish suitable network configurations and security policies to run our software
- Provide top tier support for on-premise installations
- Respond to security and infrastructure questions
- Plan and execute on meeting compliance requirements
- Very good Linux knowledge
- Familiarity with CI/CD piplelines using Jenkins/Circle CI
- Linux server scripting skills, especially bash and higher level languages, such as Python
- Automating installations
- Network configuration, setting firewall rules and other security policies
- AWS management, especially configuring VPCs, and using IAM
- Working with Docker, Docker compose and Docker swarm
- Database scaling and clustering
- Scaling services and network infrastructure in a cloud or data centre environment
- Managed microservice-based service at scale
- How to monitor service performance, and automate scaling up or down
- How to monitor for security issues in an AWS environment
- Familiar with red/black deployments
- Experience with other AWS services, such as Aurora
- Experience with non-AWS cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Comfortable scripting in Python and/or Ruby
- Experience with Chef/Puppet
- Experience with tools such as ELK, Graylog or similar
- Experience working in a SOC 2, ISO27001, and other compliance environments
We're growing our team quickly, so if you like solving hard problems, want to have real influence at work and have the skills listed above, we'd love to hear from you!
Scope AR at a glance
Scope AR focuses on Industrial, Software, Augmented Reality, and Training. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Edmonton. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Scope AR has raised $15.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019 at a valuation of $33.7M.