Together, we can drive innovation and discovery like never before
You will be the go to person for contractual matters and have the opportunity to grow and structure many of our legal processes and policies. The contracts that you will manage will be complex, interesting, and important. And you’ll play a crucial role in supporting Science Exchange’s growth.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in contract creation, contract negotiation, and the legal side of the life science industry.
* Develop, negotiate, and execute contracts including: Non-Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, Fee-For Service Agreements, SaaS Agreements, PaaS Agreements and Clinical Agreements
* Review and revise 3rd party contracts, identify contractual risks and recommend solutions according to best practices
* Keep forms updated in accordance with best practices
* Develop and manage outgoing communication regarding Science Exchange’s legal process
* Build and maintain relationships with Tech Transfer Offices (TTOs) and Sponsored Research Offices at universities and legal groups at bio/pharma companies
* Be the go-to person for users on contractual matters
* Understand business practices in the life science industry
* Knowledge of different contract types (e.g. CR. FP, and T&M)
* Strong understanding of university and preclinical contracting policies
* 5+ years experience as Contracts Administrator/Specialist in a pharma/biotech/university setting
* Strong listening skills, able to both listen to and interpret the legal needs of researchers, labs, and companies
* Organized, able to manage multiple agreements at the same time
* Mediator, able to bring multiple parties together to form an agreement
* Strategic, have a proven record of thoughtful and informed decision making
* Passion for innovation - excited about the potential to disrupt the world of science
* BS/BA in business, supply chain, or contracts
* Preferred: Understanding of compliance regulations, such as: GLP, GMP, GCP & CLIA
* Preferred: Experience negotiating other types of contracts (e.g. marketing, finance, HR & IT)
* Preferred: Experience working at a startup
We are a fast-growing company on a mission to enable breakthrough scientific research. We connect researchers and service providers through our online marketplace and hands-on concierge service, and promote scientific collaboration that will help improve the quality and efficiency of research. Our headquarters are in Palo Alto, California, but we are a truly global company with employees and offices all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific.
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Full medical, dental, and vision insurance with premiums 100% covered
401(k) with 4% matching
Work hard, but also take time to travel and relax with unlimited vacation
Daily catered lunches and open, stocked kitchen
Health spend for gym, massge, and wellness
Educational reimbursement for conferences and classes
Karaoke, team retreats, community service projects, and more
Standing desks and the best ergonomic hardware
Science Exchange at a glance
Science Exchange focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Marketplaces, Consulting, and Outsourcing. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Science Exchange has raised $86.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.