Together, we can drive innovation and discovery like never before
Senior UX Designer / UX Designer
Overall, we are looking for a UX Designer who:
* Is self-driven and detail-oriented, eager to help us achieve our mission.
* Loves working with small, iterative, cross-functional teams to create great user experiences through rigorous attention to design thinking principles.
* Enjoys being involved in every step of the process, from concept to release.
* Is able to navigate the fine line between game changing ideas and demanding startup-paced timelines.
* Works with end-users to understand their unique challenges and pain points
* Has the user research chops to synthesize user interviews, design feedback (both internally and externally) and qualitative and quantitative data to effectively iterate on user experiences.
* Can tactically create research solutions, ux flows, wireframes, mockups, and design UI and graphics.
* Wants to change the way science and research are conducted today.
* Own big design projects, from concept to iteration to implementation
* Collaborate cross-functionally to generate and iterate on features and workflows
* Conduct UX testing and research and make design inferences from user data
* Quickly iterate with Product and Engineering to ship high-quality features
* Wireframe, mock up and prototype multiple designs with the goal of finalizing a design solution to create final, polished UI assets for implementation
* BS/BA in Art, HCI, Design, or CS, or commensurate professional experience
* 4+ years of design and interactive work experience
* Preferred technical skill-set:Design programs such as Photoshop, Sketch or other illustration and/or icon design tools; Front end development experience w/ HTML, CSS, JS; Usability testing and synthesis frameworks; Analytics exposure to tools such as Google Analytics, Chartio or others
* A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
* Experience designing responsive web apps in a fast-paced, iterative environment
* Analytical mind-set with the ability to take on complex design challenges
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to give and take feedback
* Self-motivated and able to efficiently run projects without close supervision
* Desire to stay on top of the latest trends, best practices, and design tools
We are a fast-growing company on a mission to enable breakthrough scientific research. We connect researchers and service providers through our online marketplace and hands-on concierge service, and promote scientific collaboration that will help improve the quality and efficiency of research. Our headquarters are in Palo Alto, California, but we are a truly global company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make. We have a radically candid culture in which we hold each other to high expectations. Ready to join us?
Full medical, dental, and vision insurance with premiums 100% covered
401(k) with 4% matching
Work hard, but also take time to travel and relax with unlimited vacation
Daily catered lunches and open, stocked kitchen
Health spend for gym, massge, and wellness
Educational reimbursement for conferences and classes
Karaoke, team retreats, community service projects, and more
Standing desks and the best ergonomic hardware