Together, we can drive innovation and discovery like never before
Director/Senior Director, Business Development
The individual will have a proven track record in building productive enterprise client relationships in the biopharma, life sciences and/or technology markets. Scientific background, having transitioned into scientific or technology related sales or consultancy roles is ideal. Individuals will be able to create business opportunities through client needs identification and relationship building, maintain effective client relationships and must be able to design and deliver powerful solution-driven capabilities and value propositions to highly skilled scientific, procurement, finance and operational audiences.
You should be a self-starter who is excited about defining, developing, owning, and executing a plan that delivers on our aggressive growth expectations. You should be ambitious, entrepreneurial and comfortable thinking on your feet. Most importantly, you should be passionate about using technology to streamline research outsourcing and enabling breakthrough scientific discoveries.
* Managing strategic relationships with key accounts and customers
* Maintaining a robust opportunity pipeline, including qualifying, validating, and assessing opportunities with new prospects, and identifying and analyzing new strategic opportunities with existing clients
* Prospecting for new opportunities e.g. networking, lead generation, relationship building, lead follow-up, with an end goal of executing a business agreement
* Close collaboration with other functions of the company; particularly sourcing, product, sales and marketing, to deliver flawlessly for Science Exchange customers
* Successfully positioning and communicating our unique capabilities to prospects and clients, including preparing and delivering client presentations
* Representing Science Exchange at conferences and industry networking events
* BA/BS degree required
* 5-10+ years of scientifically related sales or business development experience
* Strong verbal and written communications skills; able to effectively communicate in the Board room setting
* Excellent industry awareness and analytical skills; Solid understanding of drug discovery and development
* Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
* Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
* Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
* Extensive travel required ~50%
We are a fast-growing company on a mission to enable breakthrough scientific research. We connect researchers and service providers through our online marketplace and hands-on concierge service and promote scientific collaboration that will help improve the quality and efficiency of research. Our headquarters are in Palo Alto, California, but we are a truly global company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make. We have a radically candid culture in which we hold each other to high expectations. Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Full medical, dental, and vision insurance with premiums 100% covered
401(k) with 4% matching
Work hard, but also take time to travel and relax with unlimited vacation
Daily catered lunches and open, stocked kitchen
Health spend for gym, massge, and wellness
Educational reimbursement for conferences and classes
Karaoke, team retreats, community service projects, and more
Standing desks and the best ergonomic hardware
Science Exchange at a glance
Science Exchange focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Marketplaces, Consulting, and Outsourcing. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Science Exchange has raised $86.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.