Big data platform for customer journey and risk analytics
Data Scientist$100k – $150k
We are looking for an energetic and experienced person as Data Scientist. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing all aspects of data mining, predictive analytic, solution development to name a few. Experience in Banking and Financial Services, Customer Experience, ecommerce domain is a plus.
Job Title: Data Scientist
Job Type: Fulltime Permanent
Location: New York City, NY
- Focus on developing clear and concise analytical approach for problem solving with client partnership
- Strong understanding of ML libraries and applications e.g. Neural Net, SVMs, Boosting methods and implementation using R/Python. Should have academic paper level understanding of math e.g. linear algebra, calculus etc.
- Ability to code on SAS/R for data munging, analysis and insights and/or languages like Python for creating efficient production ready code
- Managing delivery of projects incl. timely communication, setting milestones and tracking
- Generating actionable insights for business/KPI improvements
- Rich experience in at least one production ready deployment of Machine Learning algorithms is a plus.
- Experience in working on real life large messy dataset to solve real business problems. Kaggle experience is a plus.
Desired Qualifications & Experience for Data Science role are:
- Minimum 3 years of experience (all the way up to 15 years) with machine learning, analytic consulting, product development
- Minimum 3 years hands on coding experience with either of SAS/R/Python/Hive/Pig and demonstrated strong proficiency.
- PhD, MBA, master’s in economics / Statistics / Mathematics,
- Should be comfortable working in a fast paced start up / small office environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passionate about innovating, solving bigger picture problems, dealing with ambiguity
- Strong presentation & data visualization skills using either of Tableau, QlikView, d3.js is a plus
Scienaptic Systems at a glance
Scienaptic Systems focuses on Analytics, Machine Learning, Big Data, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.scienaptic.com