The only way to find scholarships tailored specifically to you!
Head of Design$80k – $90k
At times, you'll develop visual designs, and at other times, be responsible for recruiting and managing multi-disciplinary third party suppliers as well as internal design resources.
It will involve you using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve the efficiency of the design and creative department.
● Managing the design team and freelancers as required and helping develop our people
● Influencing design-led thinking across the business
● Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs
● Take a lead role in managing the design and creative elements of projects and be point of contact for brand partnerships and creative projects
● Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand and proposition strategy
● Develop and manage productivity and to continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities
● Ensuring that design and creative projects are delivered on time
● Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
● Provide quality control over design outputs and production
● Establishing and developing best practice with the design and creative team
● Working with other team members to deliver projects and activity to deliver against
● Point of contact for liaising with external partners, such as videographers
● Build out and maintain design system & brand book
● Working on assets required for Product and Marketing teams
Skills and competencies
● Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
● Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work
● The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders
● Attention to detail
● A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process
● Ability to lead design projects from concept to completion
● Ability to supervise and develop employees
● Experience with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
● Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
● Understanding of both web and traditional media
● Experience working with Product and Marketing teams
● Experience in branding
Scholly at a glance
Scholly focuses on Mobile, Education, Technology, University Students, and High School Students. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Scholly has raised $60K of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2015.