The API For Training Data
You will drive Scale's future growth by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Scale users. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in both technical and business conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, COO, and CFO. You enjoy bringing your product and technical knowledge to bear when articulating our business proposition, and your analytical nature means you bias towards winning business by showing how a client's business model benefits from partnering with Scale. You thrive in extremely fast-paced environments, enjoy collaborating with similarly driven colleagues to make the company a success, and are always looking for opportunities to add value and level up the business.
- Build the foundation for sales in a fast growing startup
- Join the founding team and learn about a variety of areas in our go-to-market
- Solely own the full sales cycle—from prospect, to pilots, to negotiations and deal execution—for mid-market and enterprise companies with deal sizes exceeding $100k
- Partner with Customer Success teams to ensure pilots are successful and that feature requests are heard
- Partner with leadership to help develop and execute on new verticals and new use cases
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
Ideally you'd have:
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- 5+ experience in sales, preferably at an API or enterprise software company
- 3+ years closing annual contracts of at least $50k/year, and handling yearly quotas of $1mm+
- Strong technical background, ideally as a sales engineer or some technical educational program
- Ability to understand the Scale API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to identify high-probability customers and high-value verticals to go after
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at an API technology company
Work from home policy
Generous paid time off
Enjoy time to travel or plan a staycation - whatever you need to relax and recharge.
Free lunch and dinner
Stay fueled for the workday. Lunch and dinner are on us.
Regular social activities
From karaoke to off-sites, we take time to celebrate the wins and connect with teammates.
Flexible work hours
Flexible hours allow you to work when you are most productive.
Scale AI at a glance
Scale AI focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Developer APIs, Image Recognition, and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Scale AI has raised $122.62M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019 at a valuation of $1B.