The leading provider of continuous testing solutions that deliver digital confidence
Senior Security Engineer
Sauce Labs is a world class platform for continuous testing. We are looking for an experienced Information Security engineer as we expand our Security team to support a rapidly growing global private and public Cloud-based infrastructure.
Can you effectively switch between many "security hats" throughout the day? Do you have a track record of mastering different information security skills? Do you love solving problems in uncharted territories? Are you interested in working on a broad range of security projects for an organization that delivers the world’s largest automated testing cloud for web and mobile applications? If so, then Sauce Labs could be a great fit for you and your career growth.
- Design, build and maintain security controls in an agile, DevOps environment with an emphasis on automation
- Act as a trustworthy internal security consultant to advise, train and enable others
- Perform network-, application- and policy-level security assessments, including Cloud-hosted systems (AWS, GCP, KVM)
- Recommend and implement technical, process, and policy changes to maintain appropriate security levels.
- Design, test and deploy systems to improve security monitoring and response capabilities which includes data center, public- and private-cloud environments.
- Create and maintain scripts and custom-built tools to automate routine security tasks and increase our security posture
- Forensic analysis and incident response, including participating in on-call rotation schedule.
Successful candidates are exceptional at:
- Communicating and successfully collaborating with internal customers
- Constantly performing root cause analysis and making data-driven decisions
- Striking the right balance between "security best practices" and "business agility"
- Learning new things quickly, making decisions without perfect information when necessary, and juggling multiple priorities effectively.
- Taking the initiative to identify opportunities and propose solutions to improve Sauce Labs's security posture.
- Staying current on system- and network-level security best practices, attacks, and countermeasures.
- Representing Information Security and communicating effectively with peers and management.
- Supporting the diverse needs of both Corporate IT and Production environments.
- Communicating complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 4+ years of work experience in an OPSEC, NETSEC, or DevOps security role.
- Strong Python, Go/Golang, Perl or other scripting experience
- Solid familiarity with the TCP/IP protocol stack, Linux and Windows OSes, routers and firewalls.
- Experience with network- and host-based IDS/IPS, Web Application Firewalls, and load balancers.
- Experience with Sumo Logic/Splunk/SIEM
- Experience securing images, containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform and similar automation tooling
Nice to haves:
- Experience with vulnerability management and penetration testing
- Working knowledge of OWASP web application security controls
- Familiarity with encryption and key management systems
- Cloud security best practices, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- CISSP, CSSLP, GWAPT, SANS or other security certification
Security responsibilities at Sauce: At Sauce, we will commit to supporting the health and safety of employees and properties, partnering with internal stakeholders to learn and act on ever-evolving security protocols and procedures. You’ll be expected to fully comply with all policies and procedures related to security at the department and org wide level and exercise a ’security first’ approach to how we design, build & run our products and services.
Sauce Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Sauce Labs at a glance
Sauce Labs focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, and Usability. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, Vancouver, Berlin, and Warszawa. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Sauce Labs has raised $154M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.