The leading provider of continuous testing solutions that deliver digital confidence
We’re looking for a Scrum Master for our Platform teams to drive and improve their agile execution. You will also collaborate with the other Scrum Masters to share best practices for applying agile at Sauce Labs and help issues that affect multiple teams for additional management focus. We’re looking for someone who is ideally proactive, organized, positive, driven and a team player.
- Provide support to product and development teams, personifying Scrum and Agile and leading by example
- Guide and coach both the Scrum Team and Product Managers on how to use Agile/Scrum practices, how to get the most out of self-organization to fill gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks and how this adds value to customers
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the teams and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency and radiating information.
- Support and educate the Product Manager, especially with respect to backlog refinement and managing the product backlog.
- Unite teams across common goals
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM)
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master for 2+ years for a software development team producing software for external customers (non-internal facing projects)
- Technical knowledge of agile frameworks and methods, Scrum, Kanban
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture
- A high degree of initiative, purpose, enthusiasm and passion for engineering
- Internalized knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement of processes and software development practice, empowering teams, and increasing transparency
Nice To Haves:
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (e.g. PSM II, PSM III)
- Interest in learning and self-development in the agile space
- Understanding of modern build pipelines, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with configuration management technologies
Security responsibilities at Sauce: At Sauce, we will commit to supporting the health and safety of employees and properties, partnering with internal stakeholders to learn and act on ever-evolving security protocols and procedures. You’ll be expected to fully comply with all policies and procedures related to security at the department and org wide level and exercise a ’security first’ approach to how we design, build & run our products and services.
Sauce Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity/expression/status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Sauce Labs at a glance
Sauce Labs focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, and Usability. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, Vancouver, Berlin, and Warszawa. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Sauce Labs has raised $154M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.