Senior iOS Engineer$120k – $175k • 0.05% – 0.25%
If you love big problems, making a real positive impact, and having strong ownership of the experience of the products you touch -- this is the role for you.
We're looking for an experienced, self-starting, iOS Developer who is passionate about building high-polish consumer applications. You are capable of rapidly building and iterating on mobile experiences in iOS, shipping products used by tens of thousands of users each day.
You will be managing a team of two mid-level iOS engineers.
## Your Responsibilities:
- Build on top of the incredibly successful 1.0 app and build the next generation of productivity and collaboration features
- Collaborate with the Design Team to iterate on UI and UX including layout constraints to support the full range of devices
- Provide best practice leadership and mentorship to junior and mid-level iOS engineers
- Collaborate with the Development Team on any refinements or issues from the SDK
## To be Successful, You Need:
- Strong self-starter and extremely organized.
- Insane curiosity across a wide array of topics. You must enjoy learning and teaching others; shared knowledge is important.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English.
- Ability to demonstrate strong design and UX taste through a portfolio of personal work.
- Ability to “fill in the blanks” in a static design to build a delightfully responsive experience without strong/detailed direction.
- Ability to communicate well-informed opinions through simple design.
- Expert in Swift and iOS development paradigms (MVC, MVVM, etc.)
- Background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; Bachelor degree preferred.
- OO design and programming experience or demonstrably strong understanding of OO design concepts (e.g., singletons, state machines, factories, registries).
- Ability to convert static Figma, Sketch or PSD to a pixel-perfect design.
- Strong understanding and use of REST services, JSON objects, secure coding concepts and memory management in iOS.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and SQL.
- Experience with Realm and/or Core Data (or any other iOS local storage library).
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Ability to script in Bash and Unix.
## Bonus (Preferred but not required):
- Competency with AWS and Docker.
- Experience following standard Agile processes on Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence).
- Ability to record and edit compelling videos of a prototype.
- Literate in Python programming language.
Meet your team
We provide very generous medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Starting in 2020, we will be offering a 401k matching program.
We cater multiple times/wk from top NYC restaurants, have a stocked kitchen and bar, and will make sure to accommodate everyone's favorites.
Free subway and extended uber budget
We'll cover subways and an allowance for Ubers to work :)
We frequently bring guest speakers and leaders from prominent startups and consumer tech companies to the office to engage with the team and share learnings.
Located in SoHo (on cobblestoned Mercer St), our beautifully furnished office is in the heart of one of New York's top shopping and dining areas - which is rapidly turning into a hotbed for the city's startups.
Saturn Technologies at a glance
Saturn Technologies focuses on Mobile, Social Media, iOS, Android, and Consumer. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://joinsaturn.com/