We help your employees move out of debt and into savings with financial wellness solutions
Legal & Compliance Counsel
About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman).
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and shape a fast growing FinTech business as Legal & Compliance Counsel. You will report to the General Counsel and work closely with the Chief Risk Officer. You will be part of an intelligent, collaborative and ambitious Legal Team (working alongside our Contracts Manager) and Compliance Team (working alongside our two Compliance Managers).
As Legal & Compliance Counsel, you will support and often, lead on, strategic and tactical legal initiatives, including data protection initiatives and legal & compliance aspects of new products. You’ll deal with complex and novel legal queries that go beyond standard commercial contracts. Over time, you’ll start to “own” data protection across the whole business, and any other legal area you want to take on. You’ll work with all levels of the business, including senior management. No two days will be the same: you’ll lead calls and negotiations, support the training of employees and develop policies and procedures across the whole business.
- You’re a qualified lawyer (in English law) with at least 2 years’ PQE, who is passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You have experience with data protection laws and are confident in applying these in a business context.
- You have some familiarity with consumer or regulated lending, or if not, are eager to learn.
- You’re actions-focussed and thrive on pushing matters over the line.
- You have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- You have the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organisation in a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- You are ready to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
75% of health, vision and dental premiums paid by Salary Finance for employees and their dependents
Additional benefits including 401(k) with company match, disability insurance, paid Parental Leave, 20 personal days and 5 sick days with an extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
Fast-growing environment with lots of opportunity for career development
Regular company socials
Competitive salary and bonus packages
Salary Finance at a glance
Salary Finance focuses on Financial Services, Finance, Personal Finance, and Employer Benefits Programs. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Salary Finance has raised $158.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.