We help your employees move out of debt and into savings with financial wellness solutions
Collections / Customer Service Associate
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman).
Your role in our mission
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Collections / Customer Service Associate with a passion for amazing customer service and a proven track record in consumer debt collection to join our Customer Operations Team. Reporting to the Customer Operations Manager, you’ll learn our products inside out and build relationships with our customers to understand their needs, assist them with product applications, and support them through the product life cycle.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are excited by the power of technology to change people’s lives.
- You are resilient, empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organisational, time and project management skills.
- You have experience in a customer or client facing environment.
- You have a proven track record in consumer debt collection, and are comfortable discussing repayment of debt with customers.
- You are familiar with the applicable rules and guidance of the Financial Conduct Authority Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC).
- You delight in solving problems for customers, going above and beyond to treat customers fairly and leave them feeling valued.
- You enjoy interacting with customers on a daily basis, both over the phone and by email.
- You love to get involved – be it in solving a specific issue for a customer at a point in time, or driving changes through to help us make our product better.
- You are comfortable having potentially difficult conversations with customers that may be behind with repayments, and are willing to go the extra mile to help them get out of debt by finding an appropriate solution.
- You remain tactful and calm when having a difficult conversation with a customer.
- You have an upbeat approach and are able to think on your feet.
- You are confident and flexible, with the ability to handle a fast moving environment, interacting with a wide range of people.
- You have excellent communication skills and are capable of presenting complex details, concepts and information in an easy to understand format.
- You have the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organisation in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- You have customer service experience in a financial services, technology or employee benefits company.
- You have experience of working in a regulated environment.
- You are familiar with CRM systems.
- You have knowledge of TCF, the Data Protection Act/GDPR, CCA and Anti Money Laundering procedures.
What you’ll do
- Handle all day to day collections contact with borrowers that are having difficulty making repayments.
- Manage reporting of collections activity.
- Take responsibility for regulatory communications, ensuring they are sent out promptly and meet all requirements.
- Provide additional support with our ongoing customer inbound and outbound contact, picking up emails and calls as required.
- Support the Customer Operations Manager in the development of customer service communications.
- Be responsible for minimising customer arrears by chasing debt via telephone, email, letter etc, ensuring you adhere to UK legislation and regulation.
- Use our policies to ensure that customers who miss payments are contacted to bring their account back into order.
- Demonstrate an ability to ask open and probing questions in order to understand each customer's situation.
- Regularly review arrears policies and procedures to identify areas for improvement and work with management to make changes.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
75% of health, vision and dental premiums paid by Salary Finance for employees and their dependents
Additional benefits including 401(k) with company match, disability insurance, paid Parental Leave, 20 personal days and 5 sick days with an extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
Fast-growing environment with lots of opportunity for career development
Regular company socials
Competitive salary and bonus packages
Salary Finance at a glance
Salary Finance focuses on Financial Services, Finance, Personal Finance, and Employer Benefits Programs. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Salary Finance has raised $158.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.