We help your employees move out of debt and into savings with financial wellness solutions
Data Scientist/ Statistician
About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman).
Your role in our mission
We’re looking for an exceptional Data Scientist / Statistician. Reporting to the Lead Data Scientist, you’ll support the continuing development and improvement of our decision science capability, with a particular emphasis on enhancing our data structures, delivery of key data initiatives, as well as supporting the wider business as a subject matter expert on data, risk and automation techniques.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share, our values, so it’s important to us that you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society
- dedicated, and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows
- empathetic, and truly care about every colleague and customer
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve
- You have 2+ years of work experience in a Data / Decision Science / Statistics field
- You are a proficient user of R and SQL
- You have experience in building predictive models / scorecards, ideally within credit risk
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and frequently changing priorities and a genuine can-do attitude with the ability to self-drive projects to completion
Preferred qualifications / skills
- You have a bachelor's degree in a STEM subject
- Your work experience is in the Financial Services / FinTech sector
- You are a proficient user of Python
- You have previously worked with Databricks, or other cloud based platforms
- You have an in-depth understanding of Machine Learning algorithms
- You have basic understanding of powershell / bash
- You can work in a multi-discipline SCRUM team to ensure the quality and integrity of data and processes across the business
- Enhancing Decision Engines across different platforms to optimise approval rates, credit losses and yield, and ensure ongoing regulatory compliance
- Developing and delivering end-to-end ML models in order to solve business specific problems
- Driving automation initiatives of new and existing processes with the aim of reducing manual labour and increasing productivity
- Developing and enhancing data structures and pipelines, and supporting BI with data migrations to ensure continuous flow of accurate data
- Producing complex and bespoke dashboards, board packs and reports to the wider business to enable data-led decision making
- Supporting new product development leveraging Salary Finance’s extensive data assets
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials (COVID-19 permitting)
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complementary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
75% of health, vision and dental premiums paid by Salary Finance for employees and their dependents
Additional benefits including 401(k) with company match, disability insurance, paid Parental Leave, 20 personal days and 5 sick days with an extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
Fast-growing environment with lots of opportunity for career development
Regular company socials
Competitive salary and bonus packages
Salary Finance at a glance
Salary Finance focuses on Financial Services, Finance, Personal Finance, and Employer Benefits Programs. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Salary Finance has raised $158.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.