We help your employees move out of debt and into savings with financial wellness solutions
About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
Your role in our mission
As a Product Manager at Salary Finance, you’ll be responsible for the creation and evolution of brilliant products which meet the needs of our customers and of our business. To do this, you’ll need to develop a keen understanding of Salary Finance - of both our objectives and the context we operate within - and of our wonderful customers - their behaviours, attitudes, wants and needs. And, to throw in a bit more of a challenge, you’ll be working with 3rd-party partners and internal stakeholders - who all have their own needs and timelines too!
What exactly will you be working on? Well, that depends on when you join! You could be charged with taking an exciting new product to market or helping us to reach potential customers in their moment of need by integrating with a key partner. What’s for sure is that the challenges we’ll throw at you will be varied; from facilitating the creation of entire new products to optimising the way we process payments. We want to keep you on your toes - one thing's for certain: you'll always be learning here. Don't worry - you'll be working with a world-class Product team so you'll have the opportunity to learn from doing as well as from your colleagues.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share: our values. It’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You likely have 3-5 years' experience in your career to date. You may have been a Product Manager elsewhere, worked for a high-end consultancy, or you could be a ninja developer looking to make better use of your business skills. Product Managers come from everywhere so we'll keep our minds open.
- You are fascinated by products. Good products make you go a bit weak at the knees. Bad products ruin your day and you work out ways to make sure that we don't make the same mistakes.
- You are very comfortable with numbers. This doesn’t mean you need a Maths or Engineering degree - our Head of Product studied Languages - but you do need to enjoy working with numbers; we're a fintech and you'll be working on some complex products. Some tidy Excel or SQL skills are essential. Anything else is a bonus.
- You’re an all-rounder rather than a specialist. You enjoy a variety of work - from detailed problem solving and commercial analysis through to interviewing customers and collaborating with colleagues.
- You have delivered world-class products and features before.
- You have previously worked in a startup or young company.
- You have experience with tools like Jira, LucidChart, Google Analytics.
What you’ll do
- Work, with the support of a Senior Product Manager, to deliver new products and features that help us fulfil our mission
- Work closely with partners and internal stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of our users, figuring out which needs we can meet to help deliver our objectives.
- Prioritise requirements so that we deliver the maximum value to our customers and the business
- Facilitate the rapid creation and testing of amazing solutions while working with Product Designers, Developers and other internal stakeholders from across the business
- Guide validated ideas through the build process, supporting our Development and QA teams as they build and test new functionality
- Measure the impact of new features and products.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Great career development - no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, 25 days holiday, life assurance, an extra day off on your birthday, an allowance to personalise other benefits such as private medical insurance, gym membership, and DenPlan, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every tuesday, fresh fruit twice a week, cycle to work scheme, enhanced family-friendly policies, dynamic working and many other perks!
We're looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people's lives for the better then we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
75% of health, vision and dental premiums paid by Salary Finance for employees and their dependents
Additional benefits including 401(k) with company match, disability insurance, paid Parental Leave, 20 personal days and 5 sick days with an extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
Fast-growing environment with lots of opportunity for career development
Regular company socials
Competitive salary and bonus packages
Salary Finance at a glance
Salary Finance focuses on Financial Services, Finance, Personal Finance, and Employer Benefits Programs. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Salary Finance has raised $158.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.