Safi Analytics builds software to drive smart, clean growth for factories worldwide
Senior Software Engineer$60k – $140k • 0.0% – 1.0%
The Company: Safi Analytics
For driven, talented team players who want to be top-notch technology leaders, Safi Analytics offers an opportunity to be part of a world-class team building cutting-edge technology.
Safi builds software to drive smart growth for factories worldwide. Safi’s real-time system empowers factories to improve productivity and use their machines effectively. We provide real-time machine data alongside key metrics, SMS alerts, and automatic reporting to give factories visibility into manufacturing Work-in-Progress, from raw material all the way to finished product - the critical piece missing from an ERP. It requires zero integration, is easy to launch and use from a smartphone or computer anywhere, and works across all ages and types of machines. The system is built to be usable and intuitive across the factory team.
Safi’s award-winning platform is already the leading smart factory software in East Africa - with 30+ factory customers, real-time data streaming from 500+ machines and customers saving 100,000+ USD/yr - and is launching with select customers in Mexico this year. Safi has received innovation awards from both MIT and Stanford University.
The Safi team shares the following values:
- Integrity matters. We are honest, straightforward and sincere. With each other. With our investors. With our customers.
- We (actually) care. About each other. About fighting climate change. About making a real impact.
- We use data to make decisions. We possess the courage to accept “hard truths” and confront challenges head-on.
- The power of growth mindset is real. We strive to be the best we can be; to achieve this we are committed to embracing change and expanding our capabilities.
The Location: anywhere!
Safi is a distributed team - we have offices in Nairobi (Kenya), Monterrey (Mexico), Oakland (USA), and Tucuman (Argentina). And, 100% Remote is OK.
The Role: Senior Software Engineer
Safi is entering an exciting phase of growth— we launched in Kenya in 2018 and, after our successful seed round, are expanding to our second market in Mexico in 2020.
Safi is looking for a senior full-stack software developer to help develop our cloud-based dashboard and supporting infrastructure. This is an individual contributor role, with room for expanding leadership responsibilities.
A Senior Engineer at Safi:
- Executes well, but doesn’t just execute – asks “why,” understands the big picture, and delivers the best possible solution
- Completes high quality work in a timely manner
- Thoughtfully translates customer and business needs into software solutions that can scale
- Designs and architects solutions, gathering additional resources as needed
- Strategically owns projects from beginning to end, adeptly managing others and communicating with teammates as needed to execute
- Writes code that is designed to be future proof - not just within a function, but within a project’s architecture
- Writes useful tests and encourages others to write tests
- Maintains clear documentation and proactively communicates
- Offers thoughtful code reviews, and constantly seeks improvement in their own work
This role will start as early as March 2020.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with cutting-edge software technologies, including the latest machine learning and big data tools, on a constant stream (terabytes/week) of time-series machine data.
- Develop core technology for a product-first startup.
- Grow with a team that believes developing talent is important, and is building that as a core strength of the company from day one.
- Be a leader in the organization, leading the way for future software hires and mentoring junior team members as they join.
- Work with a small founding team to determine the future of our technology and the tools we use to solve meaningful problems for our customers.
- Work with a team of international talent, from Silicon Valley, Argentina, Mexico, and Kenya.
- Participate in the full product development process, from prioritization and design to deployment and maintenance.
Our stack includes the following technologies: Node, Vue, PostgreSQL, Big Table, Rabbit, Redis, Heroku/Google Cloud, Twilio/Sendgrid. Our team collaborates using GitHub, Slack, and Trello.
We’re Looking for Someone
- At least 7 years experience as a professional software developer, with proven track record of deploying quality production software and writing clean code
- Technical degree in computer science or equivalent, or comparable demonstration of qualifications
- Comfortable with the full stack - from front end pixel pushing to database configuring
- Experience with CI/CD and test-driven methodologies
- Comfortable working remotely and cross-culturally with team members from multiple countries, across different time zones, in an Agile environment
- Entrepreneurial attitude - wants to be part of a fast growing team and work directly with customers to maximize value in the system
- Gets the big picture, relentlessly follows up on details
- Team-oriented, while being proactive and self-directed
- Able to prioritize, take initiative, communicate clearly, and manage many projects and work streams simultaneously; meets deadlines and keeps commitments
- Eager to bring radical candor to work and enthusiastic about building positive organizational culture
Nice to Haves
- Experience managing a team of software developers
- Familiarity with design thinking tools
- Experience scaling a web-based software product with billions of data points
Why Not to Take This Job?
This role will require significant ownership and a strong drive to learn and grow while holding yourself and your teammates to high standards. You’ll need to be far more than just an employee who shows up—you should be ready to hit the ground running, test new approaches and do everything reasonable to find success for our customers. If you’re not ready for that today, this role is not for you.
- To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet your team
Safi Analytics at a glance
Safi Analytics focuses on B2B · SaaS · Mobile · Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area, Nairobi, and Monterrey. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.