An easy to use mobile app and software inspection solution used to empower workers
iOS Software Engineer
At SafetyCulture, we’re empowering front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing.
We’re looking for talented people to help us build a world class engineering team. We have hundreds of thousands of workers in over 150 countries using our platform, conducting millions of inspections every month, and having a positive impact on their lives. We’re facing interesting technical challenges as we scale the platform, and have ambitious goals to reach millions of workers by 2025.
The tech stack
We use a modern technology stack including Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile); React.js (front end); Go/node.js (back end); AWS/Kafka/Kubernetes (infrastructure)
As an iOS Software Engineer, you’ll ensure we’re providing the best mobile experience for our customers. You’ll provide strong technical knowledge and insight into iOS development, while sharing your expertise to coach and mentor others. You’ll own delivery of practical solutions to solve real-world problems for customers, with the knowledge that what you build has an immediate positive impact.
You’ll face exciting technical challenges as we scale, and be an integral part of the engineering team. You’ll be part of a high-performing team that takes ownership of what they build, and are trusted to build and run a system that serves hundreds of thousands of users while transforming it into a system that will serve millions of users in the near future. We empower engineers to learn new skills and use technology to solve customer problems, including initiatives in IoT, machine learning, and event-driven architecture.
How you can have an impact
Be recognised as an expert in relevant technologies to the role, and have influence over the direction of the team and function. Improve others’ ability to deliver great work and drive initiatives focused on release-safety, repeatability, and improving the way we do things. Mentor colleagues, actively engage in building a culture of candid feedback, and help the engineering teams give and receive constructive feedback. We encourage involvement in the iOS community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new mobile technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- Strong iOS development background and experience with Swift
- Passion for native mobile development and the iOS ecosystem
- Solid experience building complex custom UI and knowledge of concurrency and multi-threading
- Demonstrated focus on quality and ability to use automated testing methodologies
- Understanding of REST, HTTP and efficient networking on iOS
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, prioritisation and communication skills to help shape our technical direction and deliver a fast, secure and insanely usable app
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- C++ experience (we use a C++ shared library for our mobile clients)
- Experience with Adaptive Layout and reactive functional programming concepts
- Understanding all aspects of the customer experience in a mobile application, including UX, performance, networking, usage data, and crash reporting
- Building SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: to empower front line workers to improve safety and quality in the workplace. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance everyday. Today there are 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. All of the product is built in Australia, and we now have around 300 people. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised almost $100 million in funding, which provides security and allows us to scale the business. We’re using the funding to build complementary products, including real-time incident reporting, sensors and IoT, and workplace training.
What we’ve done is great, but the best is still ahead of us.
You’ll get breakfast and lunch provided everyday in our fully stocked kitchen and bar areas.
Pets make better workplaces, so bring them in. Jet, Bernie, Jack, Jordy, Maverick and Benji are regulars in our offices around the world.
Learning is a core value of ours, and we provide opportunities to attend conferences and events that help you grow.
Tons of fun
Our offices have basketball courts, ping pong tables, air hockey, video games and more to make breaks more entertaining
We’re operating at a scale few other companies are, and you’ll be doing challenging work that impacts millions.
Flexible work life
From time to time, take the opportunity to work at home when you need to - we get it, life happens. For the remainder, we’ll invest in building offices where curiosity and collaboration is provoked every day.
SafetyCulture at a glance
SafetyCulture focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Collaboration, iOS, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in Sydney, Kansas City, and Townsville City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, SafetyCulture has raised $174.35M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.