An easy to use mobile app and software inspection solution used to empower workers
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
At SafetyCulture, we’re empowering front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing.
We’re looking for talented people to help us build a world class engineering team. We have hundreds of thousands of workers in over 150 countries using our platform, conducting millions of inspections every month, and having a positive impact on their lives. We’re facing interesting technical challenges as we scale the platform, and have ambitious goals to reach millions of workers by 2025.
The tech stack
We use a modern technology stack including AWS/Kafka/Kubernetes (infrastructure); Go/node.js (back end); React.js (front end); Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile)
As an Infrastructure Engineer in our Foundational Engineering team, you’ill work across a team of co-located Software Engineers to build the infrastructure architecture required to run the SafetyCulture platform.
Your goal will be the deployment, management and configuration of our infrastructure on AWS. Developing fast and efficient automated workflows are essential. The key to this role is an 'infrastructure as code' approach to managing our distributed and rapidly evolving architecture that requires as little manual intervention as possible.
What Does a Typical Day Look Like?
- Building a scalable, fault-tolerant and cost-effective architecture
- Working with Kubernetes, Prometheus and Grafana
- Automate everything (we use Terraform, Python, Bash to name a few)
- Security awareness around the solutions you implement and have a plan in place to secure these as part of the build out
- Assisting with maintenance of Couchbase, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Redis and Kafka clusters
- Desire to design a solution as part of a team
- Working very closely with software engineers to provide guidance about architectural patterns and goals
- If you are keen, cutting some Node.js, Python or Golang application code to truly break down all walls between dev and ops
- Have worked on deployment and management of servers, services and networking (on AWS or similar environments)
- You are interested in and motivated by an 'infrastructure as code' approach to managing infrastructure
- Experience with linux system administration
- Strong configuration management, CI and CD experience
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Experience operating microservices application
- Experience applying software delivery practices to infrastructure and operations (Site Reliability Engineering) would be an advantage.
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance everyday. Today there are 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. All of the product is built in Australia, and we now have 300 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised almost $100 million in funding, which provides security and allows us to scale the business. We’re using the funding to build complementary products, including real-time incident reporting, sensors and IoT, and workplace training.
What we’ve done is great, but the best is still ahead of us.
You’ll get breakfast and lunch provided everyday in our fully stocked kitchen and bar areas.
Pets make better workplaces, so bring them in. Jet, Bernie, Jack, Jordy, Maverick and Benji are regulars in our offices around the world.
Learning is a core value of ours, and we provide opportunities to attend conferences and events that help you grow.
Tons of fun
Our offices have basketball courts, ping pong tables, air hockey, video games and more to make breaks more entertaining
We’re operating at a scale few other companies are, and you’ll be doing challenging work that impacts millions.
Flexible work life
From time to time, take the opportunity to work at home when you need to - we get it, life happens. For the remainder, we’ll invest in building offices where curiosity and collaboration is provoked every day.
SafetyCulture at a glance
SafetyCulture focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Collaboration, iOS, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in Sydney, Kansas City, and Townsville City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, SafetyCulture has raised $174.35M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.