Show your verified std status on your phone and check the status of your partners
Chief Technology Officer / Lead Developer for growing consumer healthtech startup$120k – $200k • 4.0% – 11.0%
SAFE is seeking a full stack CTO who shares our passion for making healthcare accessible and affordable for all.
We are a venture-backed, vertically-integrated healthcare company with a testing and verification platform that makes it easy for people to get tested and show their verified results to others. The SAFE platform features a national physician network, data-interoperability engine, and diagnostic testing and prescription delivery, initially focused on sexual health.
Our debut product, the SAFE App, lets people privately show their verified STD status on their phone and makes it super easy to get tested and treated at over 30,000 locations across the country, and soon at home. SAFE is now adding COVID-19 testing and verification to the platform to address this now more urgent public health crisis.
We have deep partnerships and proprietary integrations with many of the leading players in healthcare, including Quest, Labcorp, United Healthcare, and Mayo Clinic, in addition to partnerships with leading dating apps.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the CTO will recruit an engineering team to build the next generation of our backend and cross-platform apps using their chosen, best-of-breed technologies.
The right candidate:
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit
- Has a passion for design and consumer products
- Has experience recruiting, hiring, and managing engineers
- Conducts hands-on coding interviews
- Has success developing achievable roadmaps and motivating teams to improve
- Has experience with PaaS-based backends and cross-platform mobile apps
- Has some experience with .NET—we used it for our legacy backend
- Crafts durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Releases and adopts open source code
- Leads by example
- Writes code
- Will have an outsized impact on the future of SAFE
We have product-market fit. We need a partner who will help build our next-generation team and technology stack so SAFE can scale to reach its full potential.
The SAFE App at a glance
The SAFE App focuses on Health Care Information Technology, Personal Health, Health and Wellness, Mobile Health, and Blockchains. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.