NO WORK ALL PLAY
Senior Software Engineer$140k – $165k • 0.01% – 0.2%
LOCATION: Mountain View, California
Saavn is the world’s largest South Asian focused music streaming service with millions of monthly active users. We are 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite music across all languages and genres. We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe.
Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Shazam - to name a few - Saavn reaches more music fans than any other South Asian service. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, such as The New York Times, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times, The Times of India, CNBC, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies, including Tiger Global Management, Bertelsmann, Steadview Capital, Liberty Media, Mousse Partners, Quilvest, and a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, these are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At Saavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: building a mobile entertainment ecosystem and the best possible music experience for hundreds of millions of people. From in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel, Saavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose Saavn, you join a diverse world of high-caliber techies, artists, and inventors, hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are amongst the few digital companies that provide tremendous opportunities for high-tech work in Mumbai, that one would have to otherwise seek in Silicon Valley. Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual on our global team to be a catalyst for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your thinking to life, and to expand, learn, and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
You will have a direct impact on our product and will work on everything from search algorithms to infrastructure to big data to ad delivery. You will work in a closely-knit team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. You write code based on exciting product requirements. You will report to the innovative and (at least in our opinion) witty CTO and work directly with people who have shipped products for companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, Google, and HBO.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM:
• Masters in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent work experience
• Engineering talent proven by great work experience, hobby projects, open source contributions, and/or superior academic results
• Expert knowledge of LAMP stack and current web dev frameworks (Angular, Django etc)
• Familiarity with MySQL, Mongo databases
• Experience scaling products with AWS infrastructure components
• You are comfortable working with a dynamic team with rapidly shifting priorities
• Experience handling large amounts of data is a plus
• Expertise or experience in search, text-processing, and audio signal processing is a plus
• Highly competitive salaries
• Premium health coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
• Discounted gym membership
• 401k Matching Contributions
• Flexible vacation policies
• Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches, snacks, and drinks
• Saavn- sponsored team outings
• Awesome coworkers
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EEO/ AA/ M/F/D/V.
Saavn at a glance
Saavn focuses on Music, Music Services, and Entertainment Industry. Their company has offices in New York City and Mumbai. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Saavn has raised $100M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015 at a valuation of $400M.