Seamless Rewards That Matter
Lead Full Stack Developer (Fintech/Adtech)$75k – $100k • 1.0% – 2.0%
At Ryze, we're on a mission to help everyone with student loans in the US pay them off faster. We do that by supercharging nearly any debit or credit card with extra cashback that our users can redeem directly to their student loan accounts as extra payments.
If you join us in this mission, you'll take ownership of our code base and help us build the future versions of the technology that will power seamless rewards and redemptions for millions of users.
We’re looking for someone who can think on their feet to solve problems, optimize system operations, and who can build a high functioning team around their skills and leadership abilities.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to every step of product development for both our mobile apps and merchant website interface.
- Quickly iterate features and manage the release of new updates to production.
- Write concise, effective documentation of our system and changes overtime.
- Build a development team around yourself by scaling your leadership and managerial skills.
- Architect and implement new geo-location features, improved systems automation, and other future API integrations.
Front-end: React.js experience for both mobile and web
Back-end: Django & Python, AWS, Data aggregation and payment APIs (Plaid/Yodlee/PayPal/Stripe/etc.)
You'll love this role and our team if:
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning, experimentation, and teaching
- You have an appetite for risk taking and novel experiences
- You have a bias towards action
- You can take ownership of big goals and deliver
- You're deeply self aware of your strengths, weaknesses, and how you work best
- You crave meaningful, high impact work
We have very high expectations for the person we hire in this role. As our lead developer, you'll have the opportunity to scale your abilities and career extremely quickly and help build The Ryze engineering team in your vision.
This will of course be an incredibly challenging and demanding role. We're a very early stage startup and that means success is not guaranteed. In fact, the odds are against us. But if you can build great products and be a joy to work with, we'll surely make a dent.
We're a remote company with a precense in Columbus, OH; Cary, NC; and Minsk, Belarus. Experience in a distributed company with an emphasis on remote work is highly preferred.
Before you apply we encourage you to check out our website, try out version 1.0 of our app on iOS or Android, and learn more about our founding team.
If you're ready to get to work helping us redefine a generation by opportunity instead of debt, tell us about it in a thoughtful note to start the conversation.