Rental property investing made stock market simple
Director of Asset Management
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $2B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $83M to date, is based in Oakland, CA and Dallas,TX with approximately 200 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We’re looking for a Director of Asset Management to lead the management of various Single-Family Rental investment portfolios. In this role you will develop and execute specific strategies for each portfolio based on their respective requirements. You will also be focused on the operational performance of each portfolio and evaluating their performance against both internal and external benchmarks.
Our ideal candidate has managed complex financial transactions including traded securities and has built asset management functions from the ground up. You are experienced at successfully managing relationships with both external and internal stakeholders and are skilled at understanding the levers to pull to deliver maximum long-term return on investments.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in the structuring of new facilities, and the resultant negotiation of legal and governing agreements.
- Lead the on-boarding of new investors, and the establishment of new funds per the executed documents.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of the portfolio against operating targets. Recommend areas for improvement.
- Develop and produce reports and budgets according to requirements of key stakeholders.
- Proactively monitor the compliance of the portfolio and flag potential issues.
- Hire, develop and manage a small and impactful team of asset managers and analysts.
- Provide guidance to property managers (including approvals for expenditures and rent adjustments within predetermined boundaries) in accordance with the client’s strategy and in compliance with transaction documentation.
- Manage loan draws, payoffs and loan reporting (in conjunction with Finance Team).
- Forecast and monitor compliance with loan covenants.
What You Bring With You:
- 10+ years progressive experience in asset or fund management
- Experience building and managing a high performing team
- Experience with modeling and forecasting
- Experience managing loan draws, repayments and loan reporting
- Experience with investor reporting
- Leveraged Finance experience preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills required
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer literacy including expert level with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off and sick days
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Medical, vision & dental
Flexible vacation policy
Discount to 24 hour fitness
Roofstock at a glance
Roofstock focuses on Real Estate, Rental Housing, Property Management, Property, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Dallas and Oakland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Roofstock has raised $131.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.