Rental property investing made stock market simple
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $2B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $83M to date, is based in Oakland, CA and Dallas,TX with approximately 200 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
The Utilities Coordinator is the primary point of contact for resident requests and inquiries ensuring prompt response and high customer satisfaction. This position also serves a coordination function for the Repairs, Turns, and Maintenance team with regard to maintenance requests from tenants and Portfolio Managers. This role will be part of the centralized Resident Services Team and report to the National Retention Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as primary point of contact for resident inquiries, addressing specific questions, and directing residents to proper channels for efficient management of resolution
- Resolve system or service questions by clarifying resident request, determine and execute best practice resolution on case-by-case basis, and follow up with appropriate department to confirm completion
- Onboard new tenants
- Complete and update information in relevant systems (Yardi, Salesforce, etc.)
- Demonstrate superior customer service
- Weekend scheduling/availability required
- Request service and submit applications and related information
- Obtain HUD statements, deeds and other related ownership documentation
- Update all pertinent account information and set up online billing access
- Research/Analyze utility bills to identify anomalies and inform necessary parties Utility Accounting
- Address all urgent utility disconnections to restore service for tenants
- Provide daily utility updates to property managers, contractors, and tenants
- Receive and reconcile refund checks received from utility providers
- Assist with monthly preparation of collection letters
- Compile new activation weekly report and send update to 3rd party billing partner
- Receive, track and manage all incoming maintenance/ repair requests from tenants for assigned markets.
- Learn and understand client specific requirements for work order completion and processing.
- Work directly with Field Technicians/Coordinators to coordinate day-to-day scheduling within assigned portfolio.
- Verify and dispatch the appropriate number and level of technicians with regards to service requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the National Retention Manager.
What You Bring With You:
- High School or GED required
- Customer Service background and experience required
- Call center experience a “plus”
- Understanding of lease application process preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle high call volume while maintaining friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and perform at a high level of efficiency
- Must be customer service oriented
- Some understanding of general repairs and processing experiences.
- Microsoft Office, Internet, and other basic computer skills required
- Yardi / Salesforce Experience Preferred
- Flexible to work evenings and weekend hours and be available for on call status.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
Medical, vision & dental
Flexible vacation policy
Discount to 24 hour fitness
Roofstock at a glance
Roofstock focuses on Real Estate, Rental Housing, Property Management, Property, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Dallas and Oakland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Roofstock has raised $68.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.